Chapter Eleven: The Morning After

I opened my eyes at the sound of glasses clinking together and soft footsteps

I opened my eyes at the sound of glasses clinking together and soft footsteps. Looking around the room, I noticed I was laying on Lara's black leather couch, a soft woven blanket placed on my body. The blanket held my body heat, making me even hotter, making the lower portion of my body even more painful as it protruded from my sweatpants. Moving the blanket aside, I sat up and ran a hand through my hair, pushing the pieces away from my forehead. Stretching my body, I moved my head to the side, the bones cracking from the stiffness.

I noticed the other blanket sprawled on the floor by my feet which meant Lara was sleeping beside me. I knew there was a reason why I slept like a baby and smelled her smell of vanilla on my body.

No wonder I woke up with a not so welcoming surprise.

Thinking of scenarios that'll clear my mind of dirty thoughts with Lara, I folded the blanket and placed it across the couch before walking towards the kitchen. Small curses came from inside and I held in my smile at the sight of Lara trying to reach for a box of cereal from the top shelf. My eyes zoned in on the smooth skin peeking out from her shirt as she lifted her arms.

The thought of feeling her skin made me groan. Lara's head snapped towards me and I realized I groaned out loud. Quickly composing myself, I ran over towards her as she tried once again to reach for the box but failed.

"Let me help you" I said, reaching up and grabbing a hold of the box.

Handing it to her, I smiled as she mumbled a quiet thank you and poured the cereal into a gray bowl. The sound of the milk being poured into the bowl caught my attention and I watched as she grabbed a spoon and started eating.

"Would you like some?" She asked, taking a break from eating.

Shaking my head, I took a seat at the small table that was sitting in the corner of the kitchen. I noticed how neat and put together the kitchen was and it resembled Lara just like the living room. Fox décor such as designs on mugs, photographs or little statues, were in both the living room and the kitchen. I chuckled at the fox salt and pepper shakers and noticed Lara's cheeks redden as she followed my gaze.

"I'm not some crazy fox lady" She said with a stern voice, "My grandfather used to collect them and I kept the majority since Echo and Gracie think they're trash"

Shaking my head, I lightly touched the design of the fox carved in the wooden table, "It's not trash, they're one of a kind, just like you"

Chuckling, she took another bite of her cereal, "Are you always this flirty in the morning?"

Shaking my head, I leaned back in my chair and watched her, "You bring it out of me"

Lara rolled her eyes and motioned towards the fridge, "Help yourself please, I feel weird eating alone"

"I have to get to the bar soon and help Preston before he bites my head off" I said as I got up and grabbed an apple off the fruit basket that sat on the counter.