Chapter Nine: The Realization

Bringing my fists closer towards my face, I started punching the punching bag

Bringing my fists closer towards my face, I started punching the punching bag. The black Everest bag swayed back and forth, the white letters starting to fade away from the amount of times I've punched it.

I've been punching this punching bag for the past two hours without a single break. The feeling of anger and adrenaline rushing through my body. No matter how hard I tried to control my need to break someone's nose, I couldn't stop it. It soared through my veins and just the thought of what happened hours ago, made me even angrier.

"She's strong Gage, she'll push through"

"She's the future Luna of this pack, she will survive"

All those useless words, words of compassion and sympathy coming from my family, friends and pack members. Except, I knew they were all a bunch of bullshit. I can see the sadness and worry flashing through their eyes.

Clenching my fists, I punched the bag at the events that happened not even two hours ago. The memory of Lara's hurt body laying on the ground just made me surge with anger.

Two Hours Ago-

"We have a problem Gage" I looked up from my seat as I made George a drink and raised an eyebrow at Preston's serious expression.

"What's going on?" I asked, handing George the drink. George looked between the two of us, completely unaware of the situation at hand.

Preston motioned for me to follow him and we both went inside my office. Shutting the door behind me, I turned as Preston started pacing back and forth. Multiple times he ran a hand through his hair, a habit he did when he was nervous.

"Preston, man what the hell is going on, you look like you're about to make an indent in my carpet with your pacing"

Preston ran over to my computer, after a few clicks, he ran a hand through his hair, "Shit!"

Running over towards the computer, my eyes widened at the sight on the screen that made my blood boil, "What the fuck is this?"

I watched as Lara was in a standoff with a pure black wolf. I could tell by her appearance and stance that she was scared out of her mind. She was dressed in running gear while white earbuds dangled on her shoulder and she gripped her cell phone in her hand.

"I have no idea if this is the creature doing fucked up shit but you need to get out there" Preston exclaimed.

I cursed under my breath and ran towards the door. I didn't even second guess anything, I needed to get out there and save Lara. "Call Gavin and meet us out there"

I didn't even wait for Preston's response, instead I took off out of the door and ran through the front door. George and the rest of the customers looked after me with confusion but I didn't care. I ran towards the South border of the territory. I had no idea why Lara was even in the woods and frankly that was the last thought on my mind.