Chapter Four: The Twins

Leaning against the red brick wall beside the wooden door, I watched as the mysterious Lara disappeared between the green tree branches

Leaning against the red brick wall beside the wooden door, I watched as the mysterious Lara disappeared between the green tree branches. I badly wanted to run after her and find out more about her but I kept my feet firmly in place. I couldn't afford to risk anything more than I already did by coming out here. However, I felt my claws emerge at the beautiful sound of her laugh and smile. I never realized what the feeling of finding your mate was. I always thought it was a crazy, foreign feeling that was worthless. Now, as I stared after her beautiful, retreating figure, I took all of that back.

The door beside me slammed open, almost hitting me in the process. I glared at Gavin as he jumped back in shock from opening the door with such force. I turned back towards the yard as Gavin leaned against the wall beside me. Gavin crossed his ankles as he leaned against the wall and ran a hand through his blonde dyed hair. Gavin and I weren't biologically related but after my parents adopted Gavin after his parents were killed at a young age, he and I have been inseparable ever since.

"She's your mate isn't she?" Gavin asked, breaking the silence.

Sighing, I slowly nodded my head, "I don't know what the fuck to do"

Gavin chuckled and messed with the silver ring on his first finger, "You have a feisty one brother"

"Tell me about it. I thought I wouldn't even want a mate. I figured as soon as I found her, I would go in the opposite direction but now that I actually see her and have touched her, I only want more. She changed my whole perspective on it" I explained.

Gavin nodded, "Well, we are created to have them"

I turned towards Gavin with a raised eyebrow, "You're one to talk. Tell me, how's Valerie?"

Gavin narrowed his eyes and growled, "No way in hell is she my mate, I can't stand that bitch. She won't leave me the fuck alone. Why can't girls just understand that sometimes guys just like one hot night between the sheets?"

"That's because us girls are difficult as fuck sometimes" I turned towards the voice of my sister Olivia as she silently walked outside and took a seat on the grass in front of us.

I had no idea how Olivia was so silent. She was as sneaky as a cat and used it to her advantage but sometimes it irritated the hell out of me. She snuck up on me when we were younger to find out who I was dating or if I was sneaking out so she could tell our parents and get me in trouble. Though I loved my sister, she made me want to pull my hair out at times.

"You can say that again" Gavin said as he reached forward to give Olivia a high-five.

She glared at his hand, "I was joking asshole. There's a reason why she's closed off like that"

Gavin slowly retracted his hand and I perked up at this information. I didn't know anything about Lara. Hell, I didn't even know her last name. The only information I knew about her was how she's the owner of the bar and that she had to take responsibility for her sisters at a young age; all that information I learned not even three hours ago.