07 | ωнєrє нανє уσυ вєєn

I've been everywhere man
Looking for someone
Someone who can please me
Love me all night long

Chapter 07 ~ Where Have You Been

Ryan Rivera

The walk back to the car after a long, tiresome day at the carnival was a dreadful one, mostly because my brother wouldn't stop pestering me with questions about the guy from the kissing booth, Felix. I had tried to explain to him that, no, I wasn't gay, but every time I opened my mouth to speak, Bryan would quickly say, "I was right! I knew it all along!" It was one of the reasons why I didn't want to tell him about my sexuality because I knew he would never shut up about it.

"You weren't right about anything," I spat in contempt. I already had to deal with Bobby's newfound need to set me up with guys, so the last thing I needed was for my own brother to get on my case about it, too.

Bryan folded his arms across his chest, still not convinced. "So you were just making out with him just because? Just for kicks? Just for shits and giggles? Because I'll tell you what–I'm totally shitting and giggling right now." He finished his statement with a hearty laugh that made my skin crawl.

"He made out with me," I insisted.

"It takes two to French kiss."

I could feel my brows coming together in a line. "I don't think that's the saying."

"I don't care," he huffed, "you're gay."

I pressed my lips shut in lieu of continuing to go back and forth with my twin. I never planned for Bryan to know about my sexuality until the time was right, but seeing as he claimed to have known since forever, I decided to just let it go. Arguing about it was hardly worth the struggle. "Okay, and what if I am?"

The amused expression that Bryan had been donning since I kissed Felix had disappeared and a look of despair crossed his facial features. We had already gotten to the car and were trying to shove all of the carnival stuff into the trunk of Scar's Jeep, but Bryan stopped helping me to say, "wait a minute ... if you're gay, then that means I'm gay." The way he said it made it seem like he was disgusted by it.

I rolled my eyes at him. "No, it doesn't."

"Of course it does! We're twins, Ry. What ever happens to you, happens to me. When you got chicken pox and couldn't leave the house for a week, I got chicken pox the week after!"

In an effort to stop myself from laughing at how absurd he was being, I cleared my throat and gave him the most serious face I could muster, intense stare and everything. "I'm pretty sure that was because I gave it you, not because we have some kind of twin connection."

"But we do have a twin connection," he continued, "so that means I like dick."

I tried not to cringe at my brother's bluntness. "You like Kaya, don't you?"

"Yeah."

"Then you're not gay."

"But I could be bi–do you like girls?"

"No."

He rubbed his chin in deep thought, and soon enough, his hands ventured down to his hips and he let out a long, dramatic sigh. "So I'm gay–that sucks. I was really starting to get somewhere with Kaya, too. Now I'm going to have to break the news to her. How do I tell her?"