25 | ∂ιαмσи∂ѕ

You're a shooting star I seeA vision of ecstasy

A vision of ecstasy

Chapter 25 ~ Diamonds

Bobby Cooper

A lot of stuff happened in the two weeks we had been home after the spring break trip. For starters, well, Ryan and I were sort-of kinda in a relationship. It wasn't as simple or black-and-white as that, though, because we never actually sat down to talk about what we were. But if all the late-night conversations, kissing, and cuddling were any indication, I'd say we were well past being friends. 

The transition from friendship to whatever-the-hell-we-were wasn't an easy one. It was an adjustment that was, and still is, hard to maneuver. I still got chills down my spine that spread through my fingertips every time Ryan touched me in a way that was more-than-friendly simply because it was my best friend of nine years doing it. 

I never would've imagined we'd be in this very position, but that night on the lake told me everything I needed to know. 

I liked Ryan. 

Like, really liked Ryan. 

So even though all of this romance was relatively new to me, the most important thing to me was that I was trying, and Ryan seemed to appreciate the effort. He made sure to let me know, constantly, that we would only move on my terms. I could tell he was only doing so to make me feel comfortable with our relationship, but it always turned into him spoon-feeding me through every event we did together. 

So when I had suggested that Ryan and I have sex, it was practically all he would keep bothering me about.

Today was the day, after three days of debating whether or not we should, that we had decided to have sex after school, but Ryan was still on the fence.  

"Are you sure?" Ryan asked for the sixteenth time that day, I had counted. He took a large bite of his meatball sub and gazed back at me with those big hazel eyes of his. How did I not realize how beautiful those flecks of green in the ball of iridescent brown were before now? "Because I totally get it if you want to wait a little, or do more research, or–"

"More research?" I scoffed at his indication that I needed to research how to please someone. "Ryan, sex isn't rocket science."

"Yes, but you've never had sex with someone of the same sex before." I raised an eyebrow in response–a move that made Ryan's mouth fall agape. "Wait, you haven't, have you?"

"Not to my knowledge," I said to ease the newfound tension in his shoulders. "But it can't be that different."

Ryan's gaze dropped to his packed lunch just as a hint of cherry red formed on his cheeks. I gave him a reassuring smile for the both of us while my hand inched across the lunch table to grab onto his. We must have stared into each other's eyes for an eternity before I was snapped out of my trance by Bryan rudely interrupting.