20 | кιѕѕ ιт вєттєr

Do what you gotta doKeep me up all night

Keep me up all night

Chapter 20 ~ Kiss It Better

Ryan Rivera

There were two things in this world I was absolutely sure of.

(1) I was never going to grow facial hair, ever, no matter how hard I tried, and...

(2) I absolutely, irreversibly, wholeheartedly hated Bobby.

How I could have tricked myself into thinking I actually liked such a despicable human being was beyond me. The more I dwelled on it, the more I found myself becoming angry at myself for being so blind to the truth for so long. I had wasted nine years of my life on Bobby–nine years that I wasn't going to get back.

I had pushed everyone away just so that I'd get the chance to be with Bobby. I defended him when no one else wanted to give him a chance. I forgave him, time and time again, when all it ever did was hurt me more.

And to what end? Nothing good ever came from being friends with Bobby.

Hell, this entire trip wouldn't have even existed if it wasn't for Bobby's inexplicable need to make his parents mad. I thought this trip would've been the perfect place for me to unwind and get myself to a happier place, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

All I wanted to do in that moment was go home, but it seemed like my parents couldn't understand where I was coming from because they were storming after me, shouting my name.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" I heard Scar's voice first, but my long strides were full with purpose and their purpose was to get me to the orange Jeep parked outside the cabin in a quick and timely fashion. I hoped my legs would be fast enough to do so before my parents caught up to me, but it was clear that today wasn't treating me too well. As soon as I hopped into the driver's seat, Scar grabbed onto my arms to pull me out. "You're not going anywhere."

"Scar," I said, being sure to use his given name to show how pissed off I was. "Did you not see what just happened? Bobby's parents were calling me a bunch of names because they thought that I broke their son's heart. He used me for his own sick gain, and I won't stay here to have him do it again."

Jamie's brows softened at my remark and he let go of what sounded like a bottled sigh. "Yes, we know, Bobby is an ass and so are his parents. We've been trying to tell you this from the beginning and we feel horrible that it all had to come to this, but Scar spent a lot of money trying to make this trip happen. If we leave, the owners aren't going to give us a refund."

"You don't have to leave," I spat, "but I'm leaving."

Jamie scoffed and placed his hands on his hips. "You're not going home by yourself."