Chapter 1

(Your POV)

I got off the buss at Stardew Valley ready to start my new life here. As I stepped off the last step and the buss drove away I noticed a red haired lady standing in front of me with a sign that said Y/n L/n. I walked over to her with a smile on my face.

"Uh, hi I'm Y/n L/n." I greeted scratching the back of my neck. My short h/c hair tickling my fingers.

"Hello I'm Robin, Mayor Lewis is already waiting at the farm, he's cleaning up a bit inside the house right now. You know because no ones lived there in a while." Robin laughed her white teeth peeking out of her mouth.

"Come on lets go meet him. You know I have son about your age, his name is Sebastian, Maybe the two of you can be friends. It'll do him a little good to get out of our basement more then he does." Robin explained while we walked.

When we got to the front gate of the farm I saw a whole lot of rubble.

'Its gonna take a lot of TLC to get this place looking nice again.' I thought to myself as I looked around. 

Then I saw an old man walk out of the cottage. He looked up and saw us standing there.

"Ah, you must be Ms. Y/n. I'm Mayor Lewis of Pelican Town, and I see you've already met Robin our carpenter here in Stardew Valley. I just got finished cleaning up inside for you." Lewis said coming down the steps and handing me the keys to the place.

"So... You're moving into your grandfather's old cottage. It's a good house... Very 'rustic. And there is some good soil here great for planting crops." Lewis explained turning back to look at the house with a sigh and a sad look on his face.

"Rustic? Thats one way to put it... 'Crusty might be a little more apt, though." Robin said as she giggled.

"RUDE! Don't listen to her, Y/n. She's just trying to make you dissatisfied ao that you buy one of her house upgrades." Lewis smirked making Robin stop giggling and freeze up.

"Anyway... You must be tired from your journey. You should get some rest. Tomorrow you ought to explore the town a bit and introduce yourself. The townspeople would appreciate that," Lewis began to walk away as I started to walk up the steps. "Oh, I almost forgot. If you have anything to sell... And I mean anything, just place it in this box here. I'll come by during the night to collect it. Well... Good luck child." And with that he walked away.

"Sorry I called your house crusty it actually is a nice little house, but you will need upgrades on it. When you feel like it swing by my place with some raw materials and coin and I will build you a kitchen so that you will be able to cook all the new recipes you will get." Robin told me then she too walked away.

I took one last look around the overgrown farm, a small sigh came out of my lips before I turned back to my new little cottage. I reached down and grabbed my suitcase before I headed inside.

Once I got inside I quickly got my things unpacked before getting dressed for bed, I took one last look around my new home for now on then settled in for the night.

'I hope everyone will like me here.' I thought as I drifted off to sleep.