Chapter 6

'He was so gentle when he kissed me, so much different then... No Y/n dont think of them.' I thought then got into my bed and fell asleep. A smile on my face as I slept.

"You're always fucking up everything. Now get over here you bitch!" A blurry red figure screamed at the h/c haired girl.

"I-I'm sorry Brady. I-I didnt mean to forget your beer. It just slipped my mind. I had so m-many things to get at the store." The girl stuttered.

A loud smack was heard. Blood dripped onto the floor from the girls nose.

"Oops my hand slipped." The red hair boy sneered.

A baby's cry was heard down the hall.

"The baby's crying."

"I dont care. Get me my beer Y/n."

///////

Flames licked the brown shingles of the little run down townhouse.

Y/n dropped the twelve pack of beer on the ground shattering them.

"MY BABY! MY BABY'S IN THERE!" Y/n screamed starting to run into the burning house, but was stopped when a firefighter grabbed her.

"LET ME GO! MY BABY'S IN THERE!" She screamed tears were running down her face.

"Ma'am I'm sorry but we can't get in there. We've tried the flames are too hot and big."

My screams were heard throughout the tiny old cottage. Then a loud slam was heard.

Alex ran to where I was.

"Y/n, wake up. Come on babe, wake up, it's just a dream." Alex shook me gently.

I screamed and opened my eyes. I reached out and grabbed onto Alex for dear life.

"Shhh, Y/n it's okay. It was just a dream." Alex cooed hugging me close to his chest, kissing the top of my head.

"No, no it wasnt. It was a memory from my past." I cried hidding my face in his chest.

"What was it about?" He asked brushing my fringe away from my sweaty face.

"It will be better if I showed you one day I'm not ready to tell anyone." I explained rubbing my face into his chest.

"Okay, take your time, there is no rush to tell me, just tell me when you're ready." Eventually I dozed off back to sleep while Alex held me to him, Alex laid back with me on him and rubbed my back soothingly.

When I woke up again it was nine oclock in the morning and Alex was no where to be seen.

Then I heard loud clunks coming from outside. I put some decent clothes on and went outside to check it out.

Outside, there was Alex, shirtless swinging the axe at a tree. My cheeks went pink just watching his abs and muscles flex, and gleam every time he swung that axe.

'Dear lord sweet baby Jesus.' I thought starring at the beautiful piece of work in front of me.

"Hey Y/n/n I watered your crops for you then I started on these trees here." Alex explained wiping sweat off his face with his shirt that was around his neck.

"Thanks, you didnt have to though." I said, my cheecks still pink.

"You're right I didn't, but I did anyways just to help you out a little." He smiled, his pearly whites gleaming.

"Alright then." I shook my head to get back on track. "You continue with those trees there, and I'll start with the weeds over here."

"No you relax today. I'll clean up the yard today. You go fishing, or mining today." Alex suggested.

"Okay then I'll just be over there then at the pond fishing, or in the woods foraging if you need anything." I said grabing a bucket, my backpack, and my fishing pole then headed over to the big pond in my yard.

"Alright will do, have fun." Then he went back to cutting the tree down.

'He is so different from Brady. But Brady was just like him when we first met too, so I cant be too sure.' I thought sitting down on the ground, sticking my feet in the water as I batted my hook on my fishing pole then casted it into the water and just waited.

This brought memories back to when I used to come here to visit grandpa. We used to always go fishing together at the docks.

Grandpa was my best friend. It broke my heart when he passed away.

I put my fishing pole down between my legs and reached for my backpack. I reached into it a pulled out the letter he gave to me before he died. I reread it.

"Dear Y/n,

If you're reading this, you must be in dire need of a change.

The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong.

I've enclosed the deed to that place... my pride and joy: Roseblood Farm. It's located in Stardew valley, on the southern coast. It's the perfect place to start your new life.

This was my most precious gift of all, and now it's yours. I know you'll honour the family name, my dear. Good luck.

Love, Grandpa

P.S. If Lewis is still alive say hi to the old guy for me, will ya?"

I laughed and wiped the tears away from my eyes.

Attached to the note was an old picture of me and grandpa, and another kid my age at the time. I turned the picture around. My eyes went wide when I saw what was writen in the back.