Chapter 5

"Night Y/n." I heard Sebastian say then I heard his foot steps walking a away.

When morning came I went through my morning routine and got ready for another day of farm work.

I was surprised when I walked outside only to see Sebastian on my porch ready to knock.

"Sebastian? What are you doing here?" I asked tilting my head to the side my shaggy short h/c hair tickling my forehead.

"I dont know actually. I kind of just wandered here for some reason." He chuckled scratching the back of his neck.

"Did you need anything Seb?" I asked.

"Ugh no, but uhh, do you want any help around here today?" Sebastian asked.

"Oh! Sure! I'll water my crops then we'll get to work clearing more rubble." I said grabbing my watering can before heading to my garden.

"I can start for you rifht now if you'd like?" He questioned.

"Okay, the axe should just be over by the wood pile, you can start clearing out the trees beside the house, please." I instructed.

"Kay." Then he went to work cutting trees down.

Within five hours me and Sebastian had a lot done. We had cleared about six trees, and cut them up for firewood, and we had broken down a bunch of rocks so they were easier to move.

Now I had enough space to put a chicken coop beside my house.

"There, I think thats good for today. Thank you so much for your help today Sebastian. Here, this is for all that you've done for me today." I said handing him a bag of money.

"Whoa, Y/n! This is a lot of money! There is about three hundred dollars here." Sebastian exclaimed.

"Yeah, so. You deserve it. You worked really hard today, this is my thanks to you." I said smiling.

"Gee Y/n/n. Thanks. I mean it." He smiled.

"Well I'll see you later. Bye." Then he left.

I went into town after that for a walk and bumped into Alex, litterly.

"Oh, uh, sorry Alex." I mumbled.

"It's fine, hey um I was actually just coming to see you." He said looking down at me.

"You-you were?" I questioned confussed.

"Yeah I want to apologize... Again for the way I acted... Again." Alex chuckled his cheeks going red from embarrassment.

"Oh um, okay, yeah, me to, I'm sorry for yelling at you." I said looking up to look Alex in the eye.

"Do, uh, do you wanna grab something to eat?" Alex asked.

"Yeah okay, I could go for some food right now." I said smiling.

We both walked side by side to Gus' Pub. When we got there Alex opened the door and out came Sebastian, Sam, and Abigail.

"Y/n! Would you like to come over to mine? We are having a band practice." Sam asked.

There was an awkward stare off between Alex and Sebastian.

"Oh, sorry Sam. Me and Alex were just about to grab something to eat. Maybe next time?" I said they nodded and walked away, but Sebastian kept looking back at us. I waved to him shyly, and he slowly waved back. I missed the glares between Sebastian and Alex.

Alex put his hand on the small of my back and guided me into the Pub.

We took our seat in a booth on the left side before Emily came and took our order. We ordered a pizza to share and a pitcher of Sprite pop.

"So Granny was wondering when you were going to come back over for dinner again?" Alex questioned taking a sip of his pop. "So I was thinking, maybe you'd like to come over tomorrow night?"

"Okay." I replied.

"I mean I understand if you don- wait did you say okay?" Alex rambled.

"Yeah I'll come over tomorrow." I said.

"Really! Thats great! I-I mean, granny will be glad." Alex stuttered his cheeks turning pink.

"Well I think i should be getting back home now it's almost ten o'clock." I said looking at my watch.

"I'll walk you home!" Alex exclaimed, his eyes brightening.

So we quickly called Emily over and split the price on our meal, then we left the Pub.

Walking down the path to my farm I felt a hand wrap around mine, I looked down at our two hands together and blushed. Luckily for me it was dark and Alex couldn't see my face.

When we got to my house Alex walked me up to my door. He turned me towards him and leaned down planting his soft pink lips on mine in a passionate kiss.

I was totally shocked at first, but then the shock passed and I pushed him away gently.

"A-Alex? Wha-?" I stutter out looking at said boy.

"Shh." He said before kissing me again. I pushed him away again.

"Alex, no. We're not even dating, and you like Hailey." I said my hand on his chest to keep him away from me.

"Then lets date." He said nonchalantly. I laughed

"It's not going to be that easy buddy. You have to earn it to be with me." I said.

"Then I will, I'll do whatever it takes to prove to you I'm good." Alex said holding my hands.

"Good, you can start by being here for six tomorrow to help me around the farm. And dont worry, I'll pay you." I said with a giggle.

"Okay I'll be here. G'night Y/n." Alex said as he kissed my cheek then left.

I smiled then head in for the night my hand on my cheek where Alex kissed me, then my fingers danced over my lips as well.

'He was so gentle when he kissed me, so much different then... No Y/n dont think of them.' I thought then got into my bed and fell asleep. A smile on my face as I slept.