Chapter 14

Slowly I started to get up, but that proved more difficult than I thought it would be, everything hurt so bad, my ribs were no doubt more broken then what they were, and I had a hell of a lot more bruises and cuts on my body. I kept falling every time I got half way up, my body just not having the strength to lift me up so I just laid there on the ground, in the dirt, and soon enough I passed out from the immense pain I was in.

~Time skip~

(Alex's POV)

5 O'clock came around slowly, I guess looking at my phone every 5 minutes didn't really help much, but once the clock struck 5 I was out of there and on my way to Y/n's farm, but I had to stop at home first to tell Granny or she would start to worry about me if I didn't go see her first.

I stepped into my house and announced that I was heading over to the farm and I heard an "Okay" come from the living room where Granny must of been knitting.

I closed the door and turned to walk to the farm when I saw a flustered Mayor Lewis run into Dr. Harvey's office then run back out with him towards where Y/n lived making panic begin to rise inside my body, and not a second later I to was running towards Y/n's place, and when I got halfway there I saw what the fuss was about. There on the ground was an unconscious girl, badly bruised and bleeding. She was lying face down in the dirt, and to my horror she didn't look like she was alive.

"There is a pulse, but it's faint." Doc said then he saw me.

"Ah, Alex! Hurry give us a hand, we need to get her to the clinic immediately." He said.

I ran right over and carefully picked Y/n up, cradling her broken body to mine, she groaned out in pain, but stayed unconscious.

"Who would do this to her?" Lewis questioned. Harvey shook his head not knowing the answer as we all quickly walked to the clinic.

Once there I reluctantly set Y/n down on a bed that was already set up for the next patient to arrive. I didn't leave even after Harvey told me to.

"She's going to be okay Alex, but right now I need to help her without any distractions, I know you're worried about Y/n, we all are, but with you hanging over my shoulder isn't helping. So please, leave. I will call you back in as soon as I get her all fixed up." And with that Harvey pushed me out of the room with the help of Mayor Lewis who was helping him patch up Y/n.

I huffed out in frustration as I leaned onto the wall and slowly slid down it to the floor, I put my head between my knees and my hands up onto my head running them through my hair pulling it.

"Yoba please be okay... I need you." I mumbled to my self.

I felt a small hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Maru crouched down next to me.

"Oh, hey Maru." I softly said.

"Hey Alex, Y/n will be okay, I promise Harvey will make sure nothing goes wrong in there." She softly replied back to me. I nodded back to her tears now coming to my eyes as reality was starting to set in.

Maru stood back up and went into the room Y/n was in, I caught a glimpse of what was going on in the room, seeing Harvey putting a cast over Y/n's leg, soft beeps of a heart monitor going off making me relax a tiny bit.

Eventually, what felt like eons, but was only like maybe two hours, Harvey came out with a smile on his face, he wiped the sweat from his forehead away before opening his mouth to talk.

"We're all done in there now Alex, you can go and see her, she's still sleeping so don't be too loud." Maru and Mayor Lewis walked out behind Harvey as he pat me on the head.

I shot up off the floor and quickly walked into the room, the other three chuckling to themselves at my rushed manner. I said a quick thanks before the door shut behind me.

I stared at Y/n's bandaged face and body before sitting down on a chair beside her bed, I took her hand in mine and leaned over to kiss her knuckles softly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you." I said out loud looking down at the floor.

"It's okay, you don't need to apologize." A soft but rough voice said back to me.

My head shot up to see soft e/c eyes staring at me, a small smile gracing plush pink lips on a s/t face.

"Y-Y/n! You're awake! Thank Yoba!" I exclaimed, happy she was awake and okay.

"Do you remember anything that happened?" I asked hoping she did.

She shook her head, "No I don't, I must have hit my head or something cause all I remember is leaving your place then that was it, nothing." She explained a sour expression on her plush face as she tried to remember what happened.

"Don't worry about it right now Y/n/n, just focus on getting better right now, I'll take care of your crops for you and help Shane with the coop this weekend." I said as I rubbed my thumb over the back of her hand.

"Oh you don't have to do that Alex." She said.

"I know I don't have to, but I want to, that's your income, and I'm sure that seeds for crops aren't the most cheapest thing to buy, and you need groceries." I said standing up, "I'll go take care of your farm now then I'll be back, I promise."

Y/n was going to protest but then she just nodded her head knowing she wouldn't win this conversation.

"Thanks Alex, you're a good friend." She said smiling at me. I just smiled back and left the room.

'Ouch friend zoned.' I thought to myself as I left the clinic.