Chapter 7

Attached to the note was an old picture of me and grandpa, and another kid my age at the time. I turned the picture around. My eyes went wide when I saw what was writen in the back.

'Y/n and Alex, age eight and nine 2006.'

"Holy shit." I whispered to myself as I looked up at Alex again my eyes wide.

"What's the matter Y/n/n?" He asked walking over to me, still shirtless.

"Look at this picture, look what's written on the back of it." I said handing Alex my picture.

"Wait, you were that little girl I always hung out with over the summer when I came to visit Granny and Gramps?" Alex sat down beside me on the ground.

"I guess so, its hard to believe twelve years have gone by since then. I miss grandpa a lot. He died that winter you know." I explained a tear running down my face.

"Yeah Granny had told me the following summer that he had passed and you wernt coming back anymore. I was so sad, I had ran to your farm and banged on the door begging for you to come out, and stop the cruel prank you were pulling. But you never came out of the cottage. Mayor Lewis eventually came and found me and told me the same thing Ganny told me." Alex paused to take a breath and turned to me, "After that day, I got into a bit of trouble, Granny had sent me home early because of my behavior. When I had gotten home my father was piss-drunk. He was furious with me for acting out. He had beaten me with his belt leaving large welts all over my back, arms, legs, and chest. Sometimes he even broke open my skin."

A tear escaped my eye again, I felt responsible for what happened to him now.

"Is that where all your scars came from?" I asked as I whiped away the tears as I traced some of the ones on his arm.

"Yeah thats exactly where they came from." Alex said throwing his shirt on.

"Oh." I said standing up. "Well I guess we should keep working at the farm."

"No I will keep working, your going to continue to relax for the day." Alex smirked as he pushed me back down on the ground.

"Ugh fine. But I'm just telling you I dont like doing nothing." I grumbled grabbing my pole and casted it back into the pond.

"Haha, okay, I can live with that." Alex picked up the axe again and began chopping.

This is how it went for the next two weeks.

Today was the 25th of Spring. It was the Spring Flower Dance. I was planing on asking Alex or Sebastian to dance with me.

As soon as nine o'clock hit I started heading to the forest where the dance was at. When I got there a smile was on my face, I wore my best spring dress today, I even did my makeup and wore nice flats.

I walked over to Alex and asked him if he wanted to dance with me.

"I'm sorry Y/n. Hailey already asked me yesterday. If I knew you wanted to dance I would have said no." Alex said scratching the back of his head.

"No, no. It's fine, dont worry about it. Maybe next time." I said trying to smile my best fake smile. It seemed to work cause he smiled back.

I walked away and sighed, but I perked up when I saw Sebastian with Sam and Abigail.

"Hey guys!" I greeted.

"Hey Y/n are you participating in the dance this year?" Sam asked.

"Thats actually what I'm here for," i blushed. "I wanted to know if you'd dance with me Sebastian?"

"I'm alr-"

"He'd love to!" He was cut off by Abigail.

"But Abby, you wanted to dance with me?" Sebastian questioned.

"Actually I hate dancing, and we dance every year together. This is Y/n's first year here." Abigail explained.

"Yeah man. I would totally dance with Y/n if you know, I wasn't dancing with Penny." Sam agreed.

"Okay, then it's settled Y/n you're going to dance with Sebastian and I get to sit this one out this year!" Abigail said smiling happily.

"Thanks you guy, I couldn't of asked for better friends." I smiled back at them.

"Its no problem Y/n. We're happy to have you as a friend as well." Sam pipped in.

And with that Mayor Lewis announced for everyone to get into their spots for the dance. Sebastian took my hand and led me over to where I needed to stand to start. He then stood in front of me in his suit.

I had to say he was not bad looking in a suit and his hair combed back out of his face.

The music started to play and I did exactly what Abigail taught me to do. I occasionally looked to Penny whi was dancing beside me to see if I was doing it right. Turns out its not that hard.

Me and Sebastian were making faces at each other, it was getting hard not to laugh at some points.

I took a quick peek at Alex and he had his head facing Hailey but an obvious scowl was on his face.

When the dance ended I ran and gave Sebastian a big hug.

"Thank you for doing this with me. I'm so lucky to have you as a friend." I said in his ear as we hugged.

"Yeah me too." He replied a small smile on his face.

I let go of him and smiled.

"Well I guess I should geg back to my farm. I didnt quite get everything done this morning. I'll see you tomorrow at the Saloon right?" I said.

"Yup, see ya." Sebastian waved as I left.

****Sebastian****

"Hey, you and Y/n are getting closer. When you gonna ask her out?" Sam asked coming over and putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Never, because for his own good, he's gonna stay away from Y/n, cause she's mine." Alex stormed over to us.

"She didn't look like she was yours. You were dancing with Hailey." Sam argued back.

"So what she asked me first! I'm not just gonna not dance with her." Alex said baffled.

"Uhh, yeah you could of, thats what me and Abigail did. Its Y/n's first year here so she deserves to enjoy everything like we have for years." I said angrily.

"Just drop it Sebastian and stay away from her!" Alex said walking away.

"No, and you know what I say to that?" I said stepping away from Sam and grabbed Alex by the shoulder, turning him around. I clenched my fist and brought it back before slaming it into Alex's face busting his lip and giving him a bloody nose.

Screams and gasps were heard all around but I blacked out with rage. I felt someone try to pull me off of Alex, probably Sam.

"Stop it man, he's had enough." Sam yelled as he pulled me away from a brused and bloody Alex.

"Sebastian! What has gottwn into you?!" Mom yelled at me.

"Nothing! Don't worry about it!" I growled then walked away, but not before turning back to Alex.

"Don't you ever tell me to stay away from one of my friends again." I said in a deep and menacing tone. Then I went home.

"Who is that asshole to say that I have to stay away from Y/n. I'll do whatever the fuck I want too." I said to myself walking into town.

I walked up into the mountains and towards my house. I unlocked the door before heading down to my bedroom to continue some of my work that needs to be done by tomorrow night for a client.