Chapter 15

'Ouch friend zoned.' I thought to myself as I left the clinic.

I walked down to the farm, Y/n still on my mind.

'Who would do that to poor Y/n, she's so nice to everyone.' I thought as I got to the fence around Y/n's property.

I saw the skeleton of her coop and stared at it.

"Fuck I should have been here to help her. I should have walked her home before I left for work. She would of been safe." I said to myself as I began to water her crops.

Time went by and soon it was eight thirty at night. I saw a shape of someone walking up to the farm, when they got closer I realized that it was Shane?

"Shane, what are you doing here?" I called out. I must have startled him because he jumped.

"Oh its you. I heard what happened to Y/n so I wanted to help her out a bit and work on the coop a little bit more so she won't have to worry about it later." Shane explained scratching the back of his head, a suddle blush on his face.

"Well let me help you I just have to finish watering her crops." I said, he nodded.

(No one's POV)

Once all the crops and more debris was picked up Alex and Shane got to work on the coop together. They went back and forth from Marnie's farm to Y/n's a few times, but by ten o'clock they had the back wall of the coop up and a part of the left side.

"Hey, uh, thanks for the help today. I would probably only have about five boards up if it were just me doing it." Shane said sticking his hand out for Alex to shake it. Alex took it a grin on his face.

"No problem man, anything for Y/n. She'll be able to come back home tomorrow but she'll be on bed rest." Alex explained to the purple haired male.

"You'd really do anything for her?" Shane questioned.

"Yeah... I think I may love her." Alex blushed hard. Then realization hit him.

"Holy crap. I love her." Alex's eyes went wide. Shane smirked.

"Well lover boy I gotta get going I promised Jas I'd read her a bedtime story." Shane said starting to head back to his place.

Alex waved before he left back towards Harvey's clinic, he was gonna stay with you just to make sure nothing happened again.

When he got to Harvey's he knocked on the door, Harvey opened it, he was already in his pajamas. He smiled when he saw Alex and ushered him inside.

"She finally fell asleep so be quiet going in. I've set up a second bed beside hers for you." Harvey said opening the door for Alex then headed back to his house section.

"Thanks doc." Alex said as he walking into Y/n's room, he took off his letterman jacket placing it over Y/n. He saw her smile slightly and snuggle deeper into it.

He took off his shoes and settled into the bed, it was slightly uncomfortable but he's slept on worse before so he'll tough it out for her.

"A-Alex? Is that you?" Y/n called out in the dark room.

"Shhh, yeah it's me." Alex whispered.

"Okay. Goodnight." Y/n mumbled out her hand sticking out of the blanket, the other one holding his jacket closer to her body.

"Good night Y/n/n." Alex said back grabbing onto her hand and holding it all night.

A/N: sorry it's a short chapter just thought I'd give you guys some content. I've been working all summer at a campground so I haven't been able to do much writing. I work 10 days in a row and have 4 days off and I don't have wifi so I have no way of publishing anything until I have the odd chance of going home. I hope you guys enjoy what I do have so far and I'll write some more soon.