Chapter 2: The Woods

MIRA:

Warm heat of the sun's rays hits my eyes as I sneak out of my blanket that covers my whole body all through the night.

I get up and hop out of my bed to do my morning routines. I took a shower and wore comfortable clothes.

Today will be a bit tiring for me since I will be taking some shots on the middle of the forest about kilometer away from our house.

"Grandma! I'll be out today!" I shout while I hop down the stairs. Grandma were busy on the kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Why don't you eat first? Who's with you? Don't roam around the forest alone. There might be wolves there." grandma shout back.

"Grandma, enough with that mythical creatures, they're aren't true." I snort.

I pull the chair and seated comfortably on the table. She just shrug and handed me a cup of tea and fresh baked cookies.

"Just be careful. Is Sehun here to fetch you?" she asked.

"Hmmm..I think he'll be here in a minute." I answered then start digging on my full plate of my favorite cookie.

"Mira!..Oh! hi grandma!" Sehun shouted as he approaches. He's wearing that nerdy glasses of him again.

"Aish! You think that spectacles looks good on you?" I asked twitching my brows.

"Yah! Don't mind my fashion style. You live in the city right? How come you didn't know this new fashion trend, right grandma?" he said in a matter of fact tone.

"For all I know you're just wearing that to make you look genius." I rolled my eyes.

"Aish! Let's go! The sun is up now. I don't want to burn my skin. You know how much I care for this milky skin of mine" he complained.

I scoffed and shook my head at his remark. I grab my backpack and DSLR camera then followed him.

"Bye grandma. We won't take long." I took a peck on her cheek and walk along with Sehun.

"Take care!" she shouted.

---------------------------

AT THE FOREST:

"Hey! You think it's not dangerous to come here?" Sehun asked as he look around us weirdly.

Wait! Is he scared?

I give him a look which is he took it negatively.

"Yah! I'm not scared!" he shouted.

"I'm not saying anything." I shrugged then rolled my eyes.

I resume walking and reach the what I think entrance of this dark and mysterious forest.

Since kid I wonder what's behind this woods. My grandma always tells me not to roam around the forest and never dare to enter in this part. Somehow it gives me a strange feeling and this time I'll find out what's inside.

I walk through the large rocks and grassy grounds under the huge and tall trees. Of course, this crybaby were tailing behind my back.

"Mira..You think there were snakes here? Or boars..or worst wolves!" he muttered half whispered.

I look back and I didn't miss it this time. Fear is written all over his face.

"Yah! Sehun-ah! Are you gay?" I teased.

"W-What!? I'm not! You think being scared is a gayness thing? How could you....aish!" he snapped.

I heard him cursed under his breath but I didn't mind him. I turned on my heels and resume walking. I halted the moment I heard some noise.Someone's following us.

"Mira!Wha-"

"Sshhhh..." I hushed him.

I feel scared but my mind tells me not to. I ducked on the ground and grab a branch of tree which I think would be a good weapon. Sehun does that too and grab a knife on his backpack.

"Ommo! Why did you bring that?" I asked, surprised since he never brought any deadly weapon before.

"Just in case Mira. You know I'm your savior so back off! I will be the one to face that beast!" he said determined but when I look down, his knees were trembling.

"Pffffttttt....hahahaha" I burst out laughing.

"Yah! How could you!? I'm trying to be brave here!" he yelled. I stop and pinch his cheek. He's so adorable.

"Enough Sehunnie. Let's go! It's just squirrels." I pointed the squirrels crawling on the grounds and laugh at him. He glared at me causing me to finally shut up.

Uh-oh! The grumpy Sehun is here! I do the peace sign and pouted. He glared and put the knife back on his backpack.

"Let's stop here. I think this will be a great view." I said scanning the area. Really, this would be a nice view for nature photos.

The sun is up now. It's rays were struggling to pass through the small spaces of the leaves of the camphor tree to freely touch the damp ground. The forest were still cold due to the fog that covers it all through the night.

I search for a nice spot and starts to capture some beautiful scenes that my eyes could spot. Sehun were just behind me picking some insects and plants that he could use for his wild experiments. Really, this kid is a trying hard genius to be.

Sehun is my childhood friend, though I'm older than him for almost two years. We've been best buddies and its just so normal for us to bully each other.

"Mira. I think we should go back now. Looks like it will rain." he pointed the portion of the forest were the skies is cloudy.

I spotted a passage through the woods which I think a beautiful view were behind it but it took more minutes to reach there and yes, the rain is coming already. I feel a bit sad but I decided to go back the next day.

"Com'on Mira!Lets go before we get drenched with the rain." he grab my wrist and pulled me out of the woods.

----------------

THE SPYING TROUPES:

"Well, well, well. It's nice to see you again my princess." he said with an evil smirk plastered on his face.

"What's your plan now my Lord?" a man in a black cape ask their master as he hid behind the bush, behind his master.

"Lets just wait. The prey will just come to its predator in the right time. For now, lets just let them celebrate her freedom. It will end very soon." then his laughter broke the silence of the forest.

------------------

Thanks for reading (*^﹏^*)

Janie (*^﹏^*)