Chapter 6: The Monster Within Me

MIRA:

I lay myself to bed and ready for a goodnight sleep. Somehow I'm still bothered by the events of this day.

I contemplated about the things that grandma told me. I need to ready myself for it.

"What does it mean grandma? This words, I don't get it." I show her the words I've read earlier.

She reads it out loud.

"The power to control the world and its people is within you. By this book and the necklace, you will find your journey into the unseen world. The world who possess every power that could control the earth. The search for the 12 key holders starts from this day forward, so be ready to face the challenges and unlock the door to a peaceful and new world."

She gently place the book on her lap and smile at me before explaining.

"This means you have a task. And this task will proves that you are the overall key holder and the owner of that necklace. For now, you can't use the power that possesses the necklace. You have to convince or beat the 12 key holders to have their power badge. That won't be an easy task Mira and worst the 12 key holders are divided into two. The white and the black wolves. White were the good ones, they can help you to your journey and I hope they were good enough not to give you hard time in pursuing your quest. The black ones, they will haunt you to death. So be ready to face them Mira. Their powers are strong, but the power you have is more powerful than all of them, even without the help of necklace, if you only knew how to use it. Be wise Mira." she reach for my hand and give it a light squeeze.

"I still didn't get it grandma. I mean..how can I find them?" I asked.

"That necklace. That would help you find them. They're not far. They're here. And they're already following you. So please observe keenly. Tonight, the powers you have will come out. Be ready for it will not be normal for you to have that sudden changes. Good luck Mira." she patted my shoulder and give me a hug.

"The other details were for you to find out. I know you can handle that princess. As much as I do to save the tree of life." she whispered and planted a kiss on my hair.

That words from my grandma echoes on my mind. A part of me can't wait to find out what will happen tonight, but a huge part of it is scared for what kind of monster will I be.

I held the book on my lap and open it half page, carefully placing the necklace on its center and hide it behind my pillow.

I tug the sheets and cover my whole body and settled comfortably, and in no time I drifted to sleep.

--------------------------

THE BLACK WOLVES:

"Settle yourselves into a right spot were you can see her. Watch out for those white wolves also. Got that!" the master ordered.

"Yes master!" they said in unison.

"I can't wait to have you my princess. Lets start the war. I'm so excited to play hide and seek with you." he uttered then let out his evil laugh.

--------------------------

MIRA:

"Mira..Save me Mira..Save me from evil.." the man in black cape uttered as he reach for my hand.

"W-Who are you?" I asked.

"Mira..I will be the one to protect you. I'm your savior.." the other one in white cape uttered and does the same as they both gets near me on my bed.

"Mira.."

"Aaahhhhh!!!!"

I get up and jerk my head from side to side to confirm it was just a dream.

It happened again. That dream. The man in black and white cape. Who are they?

I grab the quilt and clench my fist to control my breathing. I froze the moment I glance at my watch.

God! 1:00 AM again.

I feel fear crept into my system. This is it. Tonight. The time has come.

I notice the scar on my wrist glow and it form into a round figure. Same figure of the pendant of the necklace.

I got alarmed. I rub my wrist but the scar were still on it, glowing like it almost blinds me.

"Grandma!!" I shouted in fear. But she didn't respond.

I quickly flip the covers of my bed and run through the door but before I reach the nob my knees weaken causing me to fall on the floor.

I cried in pain. My hands and knees were shaking.

My body. My hair. My teeth. My nails...Its appearance changes.

White hairs were starting to cover my entire body causing my night gown to rip and uncover me.

"Oh God! This is not happening!" I shouted and shut my eyes.

The pain ceased and the moment I open my eyes I was dumbfounded.

"Grandma!" I shouted. But wait! It turns into a growl.

I lift my self up. Is this really me?

White fur covers my body and I have four legs, a tail and ear. And the worst thing is a pair of fangs that could rip everyone's neck off.

Am I really a monster?

"Mira...Mira..."

That voice. Whose that? Why is it it's calling my name?

"Mira. Come out Mira. Save the lives of the people around you. They need you Mira."

It calls me again.

I craned my neck and averted my gaze to my bed which I think the voice were coming through.

I headed to my bed and shove the pillow off using my head to reveal the hidden book.

The book glows and a power within it let it open half page and reveal the necklace.

It's as if a gravity held it that it floats through the air and headed to my spot.

Without efforts, the necklace slid though my neck and it rested to my chest.

The moment after I was out of my self that the only thing I remember is I jump out of the terrace and headed to the woods.

-------------------------

THE SPYING TROUPES:

"Get her!" the master of the black wolves ordered and his troupe howled in unison and chase after Mira.

"Don't let them get her. Do all your might to protect her!" the master of white wolves ordered in return.

----------------------

Thanks for reading (*^﹏^*)

Janie (*^﹏^*)