Chapter 15: A Sudden Confession

MIRA:

I halted the moment I reach the middle of the forest. The place were I once roam around with with Sehun.

I slump on the damp ground. The night outside the paradise were opposite.

The night sky were really dark with clouds who's now preparing for its heavy downpour. My knees weaken due to long sprints I took earlier.

"Mira!" a voice called me and I jolted in surprise the moment he pull me into a hug.

"S-Sehun?" I uttered in a strained voice.

"Sshhh..you're safe now. Don't worry Mira." he whispered.

"S-Sehun! H-Hes alive!" I manage between my sobs.

Silence followed before he could finally uttered.

"I know." he said half-whispered.

I broke the hug and face him. Shock is clearly written on my face right now while he on the other hand shows the opposite.

"Y-You knew all about this Sehun?" I ask him as tears continuously flows on my damp cheeks.

He just nodded in response and pull me again into a hug.

"I'm sorry Mira. I didn't mean to hide it from you but I need to." he stated.

"Why did you lied!?" I pushed and yelled at him. He drop his gaze to the ground and shook his head.

"Why Sehun!? I thought you were my friend!? Was that a lie also? For five years you hide the truth from me! How could you Sehun!" I blurted out in rage.

I punch his chest and he didn't even budge and complain.

"I need to protect you that's why I choose to hide the truth even though I knew it would hurt you more in the end. I've been true to you Mira. I love you so much that I'm willing to risk my own life just to protect you from them." he uttered seriously with his eyes blurred with tears.

I was taken aback from his sudden confession.

"Y-You love me?" I ask, still unsure if what I hear earlier is true.

"Yes. I love you as you and not just a friend Mira." he confessed with full of confidence.

"I-I know you won't love me back..s-so I choose to hide this also...and I'm sorry for that." he manage between his sobs.

"Sehun." was the only word I could say and then he lift himself up and leave me there, dumbfounded of what was all happening to my life all this time.

---

I took the path that I always get through when I get home from the forest.

The dark sky finally loosen up and freed the bunch of rainclouds that's piling up above earlier.

As the heavy drops continuously flow to the ground, my bitter tears also joined them as they both soak my entire body and soul.

I reach our home and knocked to the front door twice before grandma finally open.

"Mira!" she said shockingly.

I quickly wrap my arms around her and let out all the remaining tears from a heavy pour earlier.

"What's wrong Mira?" she asked but my hard sobs were the only answers she could take from me.

---

Grandma take me to my room after we talk about the events that happened for the past 5 days.

Yes, I was out for five days and I never noticed that I leave her that long.

Maybe because I was so attached to the happy moments I had with Luhan. There again, my tears attempts to burst out again when I remember him.

I sighed deeply and shrug the thoughts out of my mind. Yeah, that's right. Even though this is so damn painful, I have to deal with it.

I need to let go of this pain and live a normal life again because all this things that happens only cause me pain.

I took a shower and changed to my night gown. I'm so tired of all the things that happened for this day.

For now, I need to sleep and I hope when the morning comes I get to have a normal life again.

I go out from the bathroom and headed to my room.

As I turn the knob and open the door gently, I was surprise to see this man sitting on the edge side of my bed.

His back were facing at me but I do recognize him since that figure of him were precious to me since then.

He jolt in surprise the moment I shut the door harshly behind me.

"What are you doin' here?" I asked sarcastically.

"Uhmm...I was about to say sorry to you. I want to patch up things with you Mira. I can't stand being away from you." he said desperately and walk closely to hug me but I slap his arms.

"You lied to me. How could I react to that? Do you expect me to be happy?" I huff.

"No. But I hope you'll forgive me with that Mira. I know it's my fault and I understand if you would hate me." he said sadly.

"You want me to forgive you?" I asked with a sarcastic look and smile.

"Really?" his face lit up upon hearing those words.

"I never said I would. Perhaps if you would grant my wish?" I said raising a brow.

He scooted towards me and held my hand.

"Really Mira? What is it?" he asked with eyes full of hope.

"Help me forget him and don't push me to play the role of the wolf princess again. I want to start a new life, like what I have before all this crazy things happened. I want to forget all of this. Would that be okay?" I said and grab his hand as if convincing him.

His smile turned into a blank expression were I don't really think if he would agree or not.

"You love me right?" I asked. He nodded in response.

"Now prove it Sehun!" I said in challenging tone.

He quickly close the gap between us and crash his lips through mine.

The kiss was harsh than I expected. It's as if he longed for it for years.

I never knew this kid would fall in love with me.

He's right, he's not Sehun anymore. He's not the old kid whom I supposed to play hide and seek before, because for now were playing a different game.

A game were we would force ourselves to do the things whom we expect that we would regret in the end.

"I'm sorry Sehun. But I promise to help myself forget and love you back like you did." I whispered the moment our lips parted.

"I'll do anything for you Mira. I promise I'll help you forget him." he whispered back and again, he claimed my lips in a harsh move which I found it cute and at the same time manly.

"I hope this plan would turn out good. I don't want to hurt you Sehun." my inner voice said as I savour this sinful moment I had with him.

---------------------

Thanks for reading (*^﹏^*)

Janie (*^﹏^*)