Chapter 9: A Battle With The Key Holders

THE WHITE WOLVES:

"Are you ready?" the master asked.

"Yes master!" they replied in unison.

"Now start your journey and face the wolf princess. Let's give her a shot. We all know she's not that good enough but still let her use her hidden powers for you. By this battle, she could reveal the hidden powers she had. So let's get going and keep your eye at her!" he ordered.

"We will master! We'll give the best fight for our princess." the troupe vowed then headed to the door to start their journey.

--------------------------

MIRA:

The sun isn't up yet but here I am, walking through the woods to start my journey, to look for the kingdom of white wolves and the tree of life.

I wander around and look for the path.

The necklace glows and sets its direction. The light passes through the west side of the woods. It's been an hour, yet I haven't reach the spot.

How I wish I could transform myself into wolf so that I could reach the spot in no time, but I didn't know how to since it always happen in the evening.

I resume walking and halted the moment I notice my surrounding gets dark.

"What's happening?" I mumbled.

Then it totally blackout.

"God, what's happening here!" I shouted in fear.

My knees were trembling in fear. I stood firm to control myself. I must be brave this time. No one can beat me.

"Yes, No one can beat me!" I shouted.

Then laughter echoed all around.

I craned my neck side to side but I didn't see anything. Looks like I'm blind.

I close my eyes tightly. When I'm a wolf I can see the surroundings clearly even if its dark. So it means I can use it this time.

I tightly shut my eyes then slowly open it after.

The the things around me slowly enlightened till I finally saw it clearly.

"It's nice to see you..wolf princess!" a voice of a man spoken behind me.

I craned my neck and face him. But he's not a human. It's a wolf.

He howled then attack me with his strong jaws.

I run and hid behind the tree. I peeked in but he disappear. I let myself out a moment after.

I don't need to hide. I'm powerful than them so I need to prove myself.

"Where are you! Come out!" I yelled. He responded with his teasing laugh.

"Prove it that you're the wolf princess. Show me what you got aside from that beauty." he whispered behind my ear and held my neck with his arms. He transformed into human.

I struggle to breathe. I tried to yank his arms to free myself from his tight grip.

The badge from the back of his arm glows. So this is it! One of the key holders. I thought.

My scar glows and the power within me suddenly arise.

I held him tightly by the arm and with full force I threw him in nowhere that cause him to crash.

The area suddenly lighten. The dark that once engulf the area slowly releases till everything turned into daylight.

I saw him lying on the ground near the tree. I run through him and help him get up.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry.." I said in panic  as I help him get up. He smiled at me and held my hand into his.

"Indeed, you are the wolf princess. The power within you is undefeatable. Yet you have more challenges to pass through." he said with smirk on his face, he then averted his gaze at my back.

"Let's see how you can handle this battle princess." he uttered still his gaze were pinned on my back, and with that I craned my neck and see what it is that he's referring to.

I was dropped jaw the moment I saw this 4 white wolves gaping at me with greeted teeth.

Its as if they were hungry, like they would rip my flesh in a second by now. I was taken aback.

Yeah, I'm a wolf but seeing those creatures still scares me. My knees were trembling as I weakly drag my foot back. Really, I'm going to die with this.

I step back till I hit this man, the man who I meet earlier and start the battle with. He smirk at me then walk towards the group of white wolves.

All of them transformed into human. The badge glows on the back of their wrists and those red fury eyes were seriously gaping at me.

"It's nice to see you our dear princess. We're glad that you made it here. But in order for you to prove yourself you must face us. A battle indeed must be a great start to know that you can be a ruler of this world. So prepare yourself now." the man whom I guess is their master spoken in a challenging tone.

I compose myself and sighed deeply to calm myself. My knees were still trembling.

They walk closely towards my spot and corner me in between as they walk in circles.

Its as if I'm a hopeless prey here who's waiting to be attacked by this beasts. I feel weak. My body shaken in fear as I gazed at them.

Their eyes show an unpredictable emotion. But I sense anger in them, an anger that I know was not for me.

But why they are showing this?

One of them move, gesturing the other to start the attack.

I sense fear that crept within me but my mind says not to. A moment after they disappear.

I craned my neck from side to side to check them but they're gone.

"Where are you! Come out!" I yelled. This time I think I'm now ready to face them.

The laughter filled the air. I wander around but I didn't sense their presence.

I shut my eyes. A wolf has a strong sense of smell and I think with this I can feel them.

I focus myself and feel the world around me. I feel them, they're around. A smirk form in my face as I saw this man through the vision created on my mind.

He attacked me and the moment he gets close I open my eyes and meet his flaring red eyes.

"Not so fast Chen!" I uttered in a playful tone. A smirk plastered on his face as he pushes himself away.

"You're good princess." he said with a smirk.

The others attack me behind my back and I sense it so I face them and fight back.

They use their powers and luckily I manage to escape form those deadly attacks.

I didn't notice that I'm being out of myself that this time I hit their master with my sword.

Oh god! I didn't know I have a sword? Where did it came from?

I was out of myself seeing him half died that I didn't notice this man whom I think the key holder of earth stomp hardly on the ground and make me drowned on my spot.

I fell on this sink whole and suddenly this hand caught me.

They save me. But why? I thought they want to kill me?

"Nice fight my princess.." the man who saved me said as he tightened his grip on my hand.

That voice. It can't be! That's impossible!

"Hold on tight! You can't afford to die this early Mira." he snapped me in my deepest thoughts.

I slowly tilted my head up to saw his face, and yeah! It's really him.

-----------------------

Thank you for reading (*^﹏^*)

Janie (*^﹏^*)