Chapter 3❋Your'e a Nice Pillow

STAN'S POV

       Is there any mental preparation for this? For when you're at school, and find out your boyfriend is cheating on you? My eyes become hot and stung. Last week Bill told me he found someone else, someone who he felt happy with. I wanted him to be happy...but with me. Is he really happy without me? At least he is happy.

            I looked at the sky from the trunk of a pickup truck. I was yet again at another party, but this time I chose to come since it was our Senior bonfire and I also hoped to see Richie again. I sat up as one of my friends, Ben Hanscom sat next to me. "Why aren't you with me and Mike, we really miss you." He said "I just...I wanna be alone." I said sitting up. "What are you doing anyways?" He asked "Your sister." I replied sarcastically narrowing my eyes "And this is when I leave you alone." Ben jumped down and stepped on the tire looking back at me "Somebody's looking for you by the way." He said "Who?" "I dunno." "You're useless you know." I laid down again. "So I've been told." He said walking away. 

        I looked for constellations in the speckled sky. The moon shone brightly giving off an eerie glow into the deep space of nothingness. I jumped as something hit the end of the truck "What the hell do you-" "It was Stan right." A familiar voice interrupted "Yeah." I said as I sat up again. "Well if you remember I'm-" "Richie." I said looking at him. "Glad I left an impression on you." He said scooting next to me. "No I just remembered you because you said my hair was a perm." I joked.

         "It's quite handsome, anyways." He said lying next to me and looking at the stars. I was glad it was dark because my face was cherry red. "Thanks." "So, what are you doing out here alone." He got on his side and looked at me. "Just thinking, you know, the usual." "Sorry about Bill, by the way. If it makes you feel better, I toilet papered his house with Bev." Richie laughed "Because he cheated on me?" "Because he owed me $80." "Oh.". I got on my side so I could look at him too. He had his thick glasses on and own eyes glimmered in the moonlight which made his freckles stand out on his creamy skin. Something was different, though.

          His eye had a dark bruise on it with a yellow hue. "Richie, your eye." I realized how concerned I sounded. "It's nothing it was just...an accident." He said. "Oh." I knew it probably wasn't an accident but I left it at that. "So have you found any constellations, yet?" He looked back at the sky. "Yeah I think I see Orion's Belt." I replied pointing at a star formation "It looks like a cat." He replied. He seemed like an idiot, but it was kinda cute no it wasn't I can't just think he cute like that. "No you're looking at it wrong you're supposed to look at it that way." I tilted his head a little bit. "Still a cat." It was no use. "Well maybe you'll see it one day." "Yeah, maybe."

       We sat in silence looking at the sky. I eventually fell asleep against Richie's chest and I'm pretty sure he did soon after. I slept comfortably, knowing I was safe with Richie.

       The sun woke me up as I realized where it was. I checked my phone. 6:37 AM. I shook Richie awake "Rich, wake up." "What. Wait what happened." He sat up next to me. "Do you not remember?" I said confused "Wait did we-" "No, Richie we just fell asleep back here. I have to go before my parents wake up." I said stretching. "Yeah, me too." He got up and grabbed his keys. "Can I have your number?" He asked. Richie didn't even have my number. "Yeah here." I wrote it on his palm and he walked away to his car. I began to drive when my phone buzzed.

Unknown: You're a nice pillow (Richie)

                  Stan:Thanks 😏