Chapter 12❋Scars

TRIGGER WARNING: IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO SELF HARM OR TALKS OF SELF HARM/ ABUSE PLEASE DONT CONTINUE. LOVE YOU

          Richie sat up stiffly and stared at me. I usually can feel when I'm being watched, even while sleeping. My eyes fluttered open and looked into his dark chocolate eyes."Can't believe I lost my V-Card to the most beautiful boy in the world." He yawned "No way the world famous Richie Tozier was a virgin before last night!" I smiled sarcastically. "Hate to say it!" He bopped my nose with his finger. 

             I got up and got dressed grabbing the keys to my mom's car and my phone. "Leaving so soon?" Richie asked, disappointment laced in his voice. "Gotta go before my old man wakes up for work." I replied slipping on my shoes. He got up and kissed my cheek. "Then have a good day, my love." He helped me down to the grass. "Seeya later, Rapunzel!" I chuckled waving to him.

—-

       "You useless little rat!" My dad scowled at my, slapping me across the face. "I'm sorry dad, I forgot today I had to go to The Temple with you." I cried. My cheek stung where his cold hand touched it. "I wish I never had you, you worthless piece of-" "Donald! Leave him alone!" My mom cried. He slapped her as well. "Don't touch her!" I screamed pushing him away and immediately running to my mother. "Stay away from her! Don't ever touch her again." "Stanny...it's fine. Leave this to me and your father, it'll be ok." My mother said weakly. "No I can't just...leave you." I shook my head. "You have to, sweetie. It's gonna be ok." She patted my back.

       I hesitated, then walked up the stairs. As soon as I shut my door I heard my parents yelling at eachother. I could hear the drunken rage in my fathers voice as he cursed at my mom. This is all my fault I thought to myself. I sat in my dry bathtub, crying uncontrollably. I'm not worth it I  lifted my sleeve up to stare at the scars I had left before. I gripped my hand around the butterfly knife that lay in my pocket and winced as it cut into my wrist. Blood dripped from the fresh wound down my arm, staining my shirt.

               I sat up and wiped it off, pulling my sleeve up over my scars. I stared in the mirror. Is this who I really was? I didn't want to be like this anymore. I was supposed to be happy and love myself now that I have Richie, but nothing changed, nothing at all. My wrist stung and I clenched my teeth, looking at my sleeve that hid all my secrets. I walked out of my bathroom and sat on my bed.

—-

          "Did you hear about Bill." Bev whispered across the table. "Now what happened?" I asked curiously. "His brother..." Eddie replied grimly. "They found his body in the sewers after he went missing last week. "The hell?" My stomach felt like there was a deep pit in it. I looked at my hands. "How do you think Stan will react? He's still obviously getting over him." Bev looked at Eddie and I. I felt like screaming to them that we were dating and that Stan and I were in love and that I've never fell as hard for anyone as I fell for this dumbass. 

           Eddie coughed awkwardly and smiled. "Eds? What is it." I looked at him suspiciously. We always knew when Eddie was hiding something "I uhm..." Eddie looked down in shame. "Remember how Bill cheated on Stan?" He smirked awkwardly "Eddie..." Bev looked at him in disbelief "itwaswithmeandimreallyreallysorry!" He said speedily. "EDDIE!" Bev repeated even more infuriated. "They were so cute together, what if Stan never finds another boyfriend!" "I'm sorry, I feel so bad!"

             I smiled and realized Eddie was the reason I was with Stan in the first place. "Eds...you dirty doggo!" I joked earning a serious look from the two. They both tried to stay serious, but laughed a bit as I waited for a reaction. "Jesus Christ, Chee! You can't ever be serious can you!" Bev said between giggles. "It's one of my trademarks." I winked.