Chapter 4❋Sweet Butterfly

RICHIE'S POV

         Summer had arrived. Everything seemed so alive, the pools were packed, the traffic was slowing down, there was no school, but there was the God damn bugs. Every morning I woke up to the sound of buzzing in my ears, every night when I was with my friends mosquitoes swarmed around us as if we were a cafeteria. I act tough, but truth be told I'm horrified of bugs, I never tell anyone because, who would? I'm not supposed to be afraid of bugs, dammit, I beat Henry Bowers in a fight, but yet I was still terrified by those things. 

         My phone rang, it was Stan. "Hey, Staniel." I answered enthusiastically "Please don't ever call me that again." Stan said. "So How has your stunner been?" I continued "Alright, I guess. You?" "Quite fine, thank you." I replied in British accent, Stan laughed a bit. "So, um, if you're not busy today...maybe we could hangout?" Stan asked awkwardly. "I was going to go to the museum downtown and I was wondering if you'd like to come." "The museum, Stan? Jesus Christ, it's summer." Why did Stan want to go to a museum "I was just going to work on my photography there, plus they have the butterfly exhibit." Stan tried to make it sound fun. Ugh, butterflies, so creepy. "Yeah, I guess I'll tag along with my dearest Staniel." I answered, trying to sound like I wasn't really that excited, even though I was. "Chill, I'll see you at three." Stan hung up and I sat on my bed, wondering how long it would take for three to get here.

STAN'S POV

         There is something about old Renaissance paintings that are just beautiful. They way they shadowed the hair and the clothing, how they made people as tall as trees since they had no perspective, the cracks in the paint from the centuries of sitting on a canvas. I clicked my camera and looked at the picture. "Stan the Man!" A loud voice boomed from behind me. I jumped and turned around only to see Richie. "Shut up, we're in a museum." I hissed. By now we had earned the stare of many people. "Jeez, kid, chill." He said as he followed me upstairs where they had old animal bones and furs from years ago. 

              I turned the corner taking a picture of a Mammoth tooth. "Looks like my-" "Beep Beep Richie." I interrupted "That's cute when you say it...do it again." He smiled sweetly. I giggled a little feeling myself blush "Come on." He said "Beep Beep Richie." I giggled quietly. He clenched his chest and fell back dramatically "My heart...too much uwu." He joked. "Get up, Loser." I said holding out a hand, which he took. "Ah there it is." I pointed to a sign. Butterfly Exhibit:Tuesdays-Fridays. I grabbed his hand and led him over to were they had a netted area full of butterflies, fluttering around the plants. "Oh hell no." Richie stumbled backwards. "Why." I followed him "Wait are you...are you afraid of bugs?" Richie looked down turning red. I burst out laughing "Shut up, Uris." He mumbled. I grabbed his hand and dragged him in.

        "The best way to get rid of your fear is to face it." I said as I closed the door behind us. A butterfly began to fly around Richie's face and landed on the rim of his glasses. "Stan?! What do I do?!" He screamed nervously. "Just relax." I could feel him shaking. I held his hands "See nothings happening, it's just a butterfly." Richie calmed down as it flew off "Get me outta here." He said speed walking to the exit. I followed him out getting one last picture of a Monarch butterfly. 

       "I hate you." He said. "Same." I replied as we sat on a bench. "That was sweet of you though." He said looking at me "Thanks for trying to help." He continued turning pink "Yeah...I'll always try and help you...you're a good friend." I said turning pink, too. "Yeah, good friend." He repeated. We left a little while later and went to an ice cream shop.