Chapter 10❋Oreo Belt

"Yikes." Eddie said following me down the hall. I had just explained to him about how me and Stan's potential make out session turned into him ralphing. "So...you and Stan?..." Bev doubled over in laughter "You're slick, Chee." She giggled. Ever since we were little, Bev had always called me Chee, since she was embarrassed she couldn't say her R's. "Oh well, better than nothing, he probably doesn't even remem-" "Hey, Richie?" A tall boy stepped in front of me. I knew him as Mike Hanlon who beat Henry in a fight. "Stan...uh....he wanted you to have this." His deep voice boomed through the halls. "Thanks." I mumbled intimidated. I opened the piece of paper Mike had handed me.

        In the neatest hand writing it said, Hey Rich, I don't know if you remember what happened last night, but if you do, please meet me by the bathrooms by Mr. McLennon's room. 

      Did he mean to talk about what happened, or ask about what happened? I thought to myself. He was pretty drunk, maybe it was just to ask. It was definitely to ask. I looked up at Eddie and Bev who were trying to red the note, leaning over my shoulder, Eddie on his tip toes. "Stoppit!" I swatted them away. "Come on, Rich." Bev whined. "Don't you have an English class to get to?" I asked Bev raising my eyebrows. "Got me there, Chee." She shook her head and turned. "Seeya later, love." She said to me as she ruffled Eddie's fluffy hair.

            I turned around after watching the two disappear from the hallway and sped to the bathrooms by Mr. McLennon's. The bathrooms were basically abandoned,except for the occasional emergency, because there had been rumors that some burnout senior gave birth in there. I rounded the corner slowly and quietly opened the creaky chestnut hued door. Inside was  the bathroom was the most beautiful thing I think I'd ever seen, Stan.

      "Hey..." His voice cracked as he spoke lowly. "You needed me, darling." I questioned in a British accent. Stan scoffed as he mounted himself on a sink. I followed his actions,t asking the one next to his, which had been used long ago and was dry. "Last night-" he started "What happened?" He looked up at me with his big eyes full of stars that were only composed of brown hues. "I-well-we..." I mumbled lightly. "Shit, Stan...you know I'm not good at this sentimental bull-" Stan leaned forward close, too close. I felt my chest tighten as he placed his hand on my cheek "You asked if you could kiss me, Rich." Stan smiled "And I said yes." His eyelashes fluttered like butterfly wings, like the one's we saw that day at the exhibition, only these butterflies I didn't  scare me.

          He closed the connection between our faces with his own soft lips that were the color of rosebuds. I sat surprised for a second until I melted into the kiss, fluttering my eyes shut, feeling my cheeks become hot. The way his skin brushed up against my lips made me want to soar into the sky with him and never come down. He stopped taking a breath and leaned his forehead against mine still cupping my cheek. His breathing heaved, as did mine. "You know, you kiss better than your mom." The words slipped out of my mouth, which I instantly regretted. "Thank God, I love you." Stan smiled still with his head pressed against mine. "You love me?" My heart sped up a pace "Always have." He whispered kissing my cheek. 

             "So are we going to class now?" I asked standing up. He grabbed my hand "Well, I was thinking you could maybe do better than you did earlier? Maybe try again?" He raised his eyebrows "Guess I have to." I sat back on the sink and leaned in for another kiss.

         Stan and I laid in the back of my truck staring at the night sky. "So are we boyfriends?" I piped up. "Yes, but under one condition." Stan grasped my hand. "What might that be, doll?" I chuckled lightly into the crips night. "We, can't make it official yet. I really don't want to let everyone know so soon, y'know? Like let's let our relationship...happen first." Stan rambled. I turned my head to look at him looked at him, only to discover he'd been staring at me the whole time "Only to be the one to be able to kiss the cutest guy in Derry." I winked. He shoved my shoulder "Stan?" "Yes?" "I'm still so confused about this Oreo Belt thingy." I pointed at the sky. "It's Orion's Belt, and I'll help you find it, if that's what you want." He rolled his eyes. "Oh and Stan?" "What?" He groaned. "I never told you this in the bathroom when you said it but, I just want you to know that I love you too." 

A/N: YAAAAAAYYYYYY THEY FINALLY KISSED 💞💞💞!!! IM NOT PLANNING TO STOP THIS STORY ANYTIME SOON SO BRACE YOURSELF FOR MORE STOZIER. TY FOR ALL THE LOVE + SUPPORT, EVERYTIME SOMEONE LIKES OR COMMENTS I NOTICE, SO TY. PS: A MOTH JUST FLEW PAST MY SCREEN AND NOW IM MCSHOOK™️. BYEEEEEEEE