Chapter 6❋Talk Birds

STAN'S POV

       I woke up panting with my hair plastered to my forehead with sweat. "Damn it." I said. I had never actually kissed Richie it was just a God damn dream. I grabbed my phone 2:35 AM. I rolled to my side trying to close my eyes. It was no use, I couldn't sleep after my dream, it was just so perfect, too perfect. I picked my phone up again and called Richie. "Dude...what do you want." He answered groggily. "I...I can't sleep." I said sitting up. "So you called me?" He sounded irritated "Who else would I call?" "Anyone, please let me sleep." "Look, Richie. I had a dream. I just, I can't sleep." "Was it a bad dream?" He asked, interested "No...it just bothers me." I replied "What was it?" "I can't tell you..." 

         I heard him sigh "Well, if you're really that bothered. Try and distract yourself. Talk birds to me." "Well, my favorite bird is the Swallow. It's speed ranges between 31-40 miles per hour and it's from the Hirundinidae and Rafinesque family. It's eggs tend to be white even though most mud-nesters are in fact speckled." I felt like a nerd "Jesus, Stan. Is this what you do for fun?" Richie teased. "I guess...birds are just so beautiful and graceful. The way they just soar through the air without a motor but with just pure balance." "That's like the hottest thing you've ever said." Richie chuckled. 

        "I hate you, Tozier." I tried not to laugh "Everybody does, I'd be worried if you didn't." Richie replied. "Well as much as I loved this lesson, I gotta go back to sleep, Uris." "Ok well, night." "Night." "Richie?" "Yeah?" I hesitated "Thanks for helping me calm down, you're really good at it." I was glad he couldn't see it because I looked like a tomato. "Yeah, anytime. Actually not anytime my hours are six in the morning to midnight. Today was a special exception." "You're such a nerd, Richie." "That what makes me so lovable." "I thought you said everyone hates you." I said "Yeah, yeah got me there. G'night." He hung up mad with that I fell asleep.