Coffee and Purple Hair

ASHTON

"Hey Charlotte," A chirpy Jamie said from behind me. She was just as drunk as I was last night. How the hell is she not on the verge of death like me?

"Ashton," Jamie said curtly.

"Jamie," I replied back just as harshly.

"Hey J, Ashton was just about to go sit down while I make his coffee, can you look after the counter?" So they worked here together as well? Is there anything they don't  do together? If I want to get some time alone with Charlotte, best find a way to separate them.

"Sure hun," She addressed Charlotte, "Ashton, there's a corner as dark as your soul over there, want to go sit in it?" 

Before I had the chance to answer, she was shoving me over there.

When we got to the corner, the smile disappeared of her face, "What did I tell you last night? 

"Well Jamie, I was only coming in here to get a coffee, but it just so happens that she, and now apparently you, work here! Not my fault," I held my hands up in surrender.

"Look, Ashton, like I said last night, you screw with her, you won't be able to screw anyone. Clear?"

"Crystal," I said back sarcastically, running my hand through my hair.

"Jamie, can you come grab these peoples order please?" Charlotte called from behind the bulky coffee machine. She was so short you could nearly see her over it.

"Yeah, be there in sec!" She called back. As she turned back to me she whispered so only I could hear, "Remember what I said,"

And with that she turned away and returned to her job, not that I would trust her to make my coffee.

Turning my chair around, I looked out the window and started to think how one girl, not even in the space of fucking 24 hours, has consumed my every thought, every emotion, everything? Why? I had no fucking clue.

Since when did I started acting like a little pussy that started to feel any other emotion other than horny? This wasn't like me, at all.

Breaking my out of my thoughts, someone tapped me on the shoulder making me jump.

"Ashton, sorry to scare you,' Charlotte looked down at the ground.

I let out a soft chuckle, my head still pounding, "It's okay,"

"Here's your coffee," She handed me the hot cup. I should just ask her now, it would be the perfect time, you're both here in one place and she'd probably think it would reflect badly on her or some shit like the if she said no, but like the pussy I am, I grab the cup and simply walk out without a word.

As I got outside I didn't want the coffee anymore. I felt like finding the nearest wall and banging my head against it.

That was the perfect opportunity to ask her on a date, then invite her back to my place and then, my point could've and would've been proven that I can get whoever I want. But no, Ashton Irwin, is a little fuck-wit that's scared of hurting some girls feeling. Don't know when and I don't fucking know how, all I know is that is that.

CHARLOTTE

Ashton grabbed his coffee and walked out without a word. What the hell was wrong with this guy? One minute he's being all smug and arrogant, the next he's not even talking.

Even hungover he's still a jerk.

Making my way back over to the busy counter, I stood there taking people's orders not really paying attention, until a guy with green hair appeared at the front of the line.

"A mocha frap, hold the cream please," a familiar bored, monotonous voice states

"Purple hair? Michael! What person dyes their hair purple? Not blonde or brown, but purple!" I don't know how long I stood there just looking at his hair, but it must've been a while.

"It wasn't meant to turn out purple!" he said, a slight edge to his voice.

"Yeah, right, mums going to be so annoyed" I said matter of factly

He was staring down at his phone as if it was the most interesting hing in the world as I scribbled down his name on the cup and handed it to Jamie. Did I bore my brother that much?

And like Ashton did previously, he just walked away before I could got another word in. People actually realise I'm a living breathing person right?

Thankfully Michael was the last costumer and after he got his coffee, Jamie and I could lock up and leave.

-

A/N

sneaky little michael making an appearance there

-hannah