More Parties and House Visits

CHARLOTTE

"Luke!" I called over the booming music.

"Charlie," He slurred drunkenly, draping an arm around my shoulder, "What's up?" I swear he was becoming more intoxicated by the second.

"Have you seen Ashton tonight?" I asked trying to hold my breath so I didn't have to breathe in his nasty alcohol breath.

"Ashton? Who's Ashton?" You've got to be kidding.

"Ashton. As in Ashton Irwin, your ass of a best friend," I said irritated.

"Charlotte! You swore!" Luke sounded shocked.

"Yeah, I did Luke," At this point I didn't even care, I just wanted to know where Ashton was.

When did I get so needy?

"Look, do you know where he is or not? Because if you don't tell me," The music had somehow gotten louder, the amount of people had somehow doubled and somehow they were all fitting on Luke's lounge floor which frequently doubled as a same floor.

I really just wanted to get out of here.

"He's not here, he's at home. Why? Has Charlotte got a little crush?" He said speaking as if he was a little baby.

Picking his arm up off my shoulder, I screamed over the music so I could be heard," No Luke I don't!" And walked off, leaving.

Jamie would realise eventually that I left. It's what I always do.

-

-

I don't know how I got to be standing out in front of the Irwin's household, but I was.

My hand was hovering hesitantly over the doorbell contemplating whether or not I should ring it. I mean it's not to late to leave, no ones seen me yet. And to be honest, I don't even know what I'm doing here.

"You alright love?" A sweet voice asked from the door as it suddenly opened and a middle aged women with a sunken and tired face that held a soft tinge of yellow to it.

To say I was embarrassed was a complete understatement. I'd been caught by his mother of all people.

"Uh yeah, um hi?,"

"Did you want to come in?"

"Actually I was just about to g-" I was cut off by a humble laugh.

"Honey, I've been watching you for the last 10 minutes through that window over there," she pointed to the window beside the front door," Come in and then I'll show you where Ashton's room is okay?"

"How did you know?"

"Know that you were here for Ashton? Everyone that comes around here is for Ashton," she said almost bitterly.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have even come. I'm just going to go," I mumbled again.

"Nonsense love. You don't look like any other the other girls that he's humped and dumped so don't worry, I know you're not one of his slags," She laughed while grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hallway to a set of stairs.

"I'd walk up the stairs with you but I'm to lazy for that so just walk up the stairs and it's the last room down the corridor," she smiled looking tired.

"Before I go up there, do you want some help getting to the lounge or your bedroom or somewhere?" I couldn't help but ask. She looked really sick.

"No thanks I'm okay," She smiled softly,"But before you do go up there, tell me one thing. What's your name?"

"Charlotte,"

"Well Charlotte, maybe you'll be the one to change my son for the better,"

-

A/N

that took a while and sorry it's so short.

-hannah