More Shopping

CHARLOTTE

'Ashton Irwin is now in a relationship with Jess Carmichael'

"You've got to be kidding me," I groaned wanting to hit something.

"Told you," Jamie said lying next to me looking at me sympathetically.

"You know who Jess Carmichael is, Jams? Jess Carmichael is who I caught Ashton having 'it' with no less than 3 days ago. Also the girl he promised he'd never talk to again," I was suddenly mad.

Who does that asshole think he is.

But as angry as I am, I'm not surprised. It was bound to happen sometime. But c'mon, was that all he though of me? Was I that boring that the school slut was more interesting than me. Actually the answers most likely yes so...

"Hey, you okay?" Jamie asked looking concerned.

"Just dandy," I replied.

"Yes, okay, I'm sure you are, honey. More ice cream?" She could sense my sarcasm as though it was her sixth sense.

"Yes, please," I muttered shoving some more into my mouth.

"You know what you need?" Jamie asked, not really expecting an answer.

"You need a rebound. Someone who can make you for-" I was quick to cut her off.

"No. Absolutely not. I'm not you Jamie.
I can't just-"

"Can't just what? Need I remind you that I have a stable relationship with a cute blonde thank you very much,"

"Yeah, I know," I sighed.

"You know, I've thought this all out because it was evident to everyone that you and Sir Fuck Alot wouldn't last so I've devised a plan,"

Here we go.

"Okay, so, Ashton likes you it's obvious, but his needs weren't being fulfilled, but with Jess he's probably getting some every other minute so-"

"That's not a helpful comment Jamie," I shook my head at her.

"Sorry, I need to develop a filter," Jamie said remorsefully.

"Anyway, continuing. Getting straight to the point. Calum," Just as I was about to respond she cut me off.

"Yeah, well, he practically drools every time you walk past him - and that's a lot seeing as your brother and him are in a band together. So what if we made Ashton jealous by you going out with Calum?"

"He does not drool!" I exclaimed.

"Are you serious. That's all you got out of that. That took serious planning,"l

"Yes, I'm sure it did. And if your plan does work, what do I do if Ashton all of a sudden does start liking me? What then? Tell Calum that I used him to get to Ashton? Sorry Jams, but I don't think I can do that,"

I muttered the last part under my breath, because she probably did put a lot of time into it, because who needs to work when you can scheme how your best friends relationships are going to play out.

"Yes. Yes you can. Think about it, it's a good idea! And for the whole breaking up with Calum thing, we'll cross that bridge when we get there, just don't worry about it," She tried to convince me.

"I still don't know about this,"

"Honey, trust me. It'll be fine, here is absolutely nothing to worry about,"

"Even if I said yes, how would we even get Calum to think I was even interested in him," I said.

"If I didn't know you any better, Char, I would think your trying to talk yourself out of the whole thing," Jamie teased me, glad I was slowly showing more and more interest to the matter.

"Look, Luke is having a party on Satur-"

"Jesus, another one?" I interrupted.

"Did I say you could interrupt? No. Okay, so Luke is having a party on Saturday night and Calum is going to be there as per usual, and we are going. No exceptions. You could have ebola for all I care so don't think your getting out of this," God, I hated her sometimes.

"Yes, mother," I murmured.

"Good, now. Saturday is only two days away and sweetie, I'm sorry to say but you need some major wardrobe changes if we are to impress one Mister Hood,"

"More shopping?" I groaned.

"More shopping," Jamie confirmed.

A/N

not the longest chapter in the world but its something

hannah