Off The God Damn Street

ASHTON

"Where were you last night?" Luke asked from the other line of the phone.

"On the moon Lucas," I muttered sarcastically.

"Don't call me Lucas, you know that's not my name Irwin," argued Luke over the phone.

"Don't call me Lucas," I mocked him, laughing, "Sorry Lucas," I added knowing it would tick him off.

"Look," he said his tone clipped. Works every time, "Do you want to come tonight? Dan's throwing a party because his parents are out of town,"

"I don't know, maybe," I replied hesitantly.

"What the hell, why wouldn't you come?" he asked confused.

"I've been to every party in this boring old town, twice over, and to be honest it's getting kinda boring,"  It was true, surely everyone else must be thinking it to?

"Whatever mate, you and I both know that's not true," he huffed.

Apparently they weren't

"Luke," I sighed, "Don't you get sick of the same shit every weekend? Going to parties, getting laid, drinking, getting laid some more, drinking more and then repeating the process again the next fucking week,"

"Okay, yes I admit it does. But this ones going to be the best one yet! He whined ,"And besides, Jams is bringing Charlotte," I could literally hear the smirk on his face at the moment.

"You know what? Fine. I'll go. But I'm driving because if you drive we'll probably end bloody dead before we even get there,"

"Yes! Pick me up at seven," he exclaimed like we were going on a date, before he hung up. 

-

After lying on my bed for a solid 40 minutes contemplating the meaning of life, I heard someone scream from downstairs and a glass shattering.

I jumped off my bed and ran down the stairs to be greeted by a kitchen full of glass.

"Mum! Are you okay?" I asked softly walking over to her in her fragile state.

She just nodded in response, her body shaking in place.

"Hey, let's get you into bed aye? I'll get you a glass of water after," I said gently guiding through the field of broken glass.

"Thank you," she whispered quietly gladly taking my support.

Taking her into her bedroom, which was thankfully just down the hall, I pulled back her covers and lay her down on the bed asking her the normal 'do you want some pain relief?' or 'are you warm enough?' or sometimes even the 'do you need an ambulance?'

I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and said, "Don't worry mum, I'll be back soon with your water," and I gently shut the door and I was greeted by Harry.

"Ash, is mum going to be okay?" He asked shyly, even though he probably knew the answer.

"Harry," I gave what felt like the millionth sigh that day, " Your what? 10 years old now so I'm going to tell this to you straight up, no lies, no bullshitting unlike those stupid doctors okay?" He nodded understanding.

"Mum is, well," I gulped, not really knowing how to word it, "She's dying, this cancer, it's spread right throughout her body and the doctors, they can only do so much for the amount of time she has left. And even then it's not enough," He looked at me with that look in his eyes.

He all of a sudden started bawling.

I'd never really been the sit down, have a cuddle, drink some tea, talk about our feelings, but in the last year, even though when I'm out in public I'm the spawn of satan, at home, I can't be like that because there's already so much going on that it just wouldn't be fair.

I wrapped my arms around his small body and held him. We sat like that for a good 10 minutes before he fell asleep. I gently untangled my arms from around him and remembered that I'd promised my mum a drink.

Walking back in the kitchen, I also remembered that I needed to pick up the shattered glass lying all over the floor.

I went to the cupboard, got a glass, filled it up with water and took it to mum in her room, but she'd also fallen asleep.

JAMIE

"100% no, absolutely not,"

"Please?" I begged.

"No! Jamie, I look like some women picked up off the god damn street!" A ropable Charlotte complained.

"A hot  women picked up off the god damn street," I answered winking.

"Whatever," Charlotte huffed in annoyance.

"And besides, you know who's going to be there tonight, don't you want to be looking your best tonight?" Another day, another party.

"What? Voldemort's coming tonight?" she asked sarcastically.

"Stop being sarcastic  for once and please buy this dress for tonight,"' I pleaded.

As much as I hate Ashton, after that date, she's been really happy and as long as he doesn't hurt her, I think I could live with it.

"Fine, I'll buy it, but don't expect me to wear 9 inch high heels, I'm going in converse," she said firmly.

"Oh honey, the high heel shop is our next stop,"

-

A/N

oh hey there jamie

not edited

-hannah