Kids On Christmas

CHARLOTTE

I didn't even get the chance to breathe before Jamie ran up to me and dragged me down the hallway to my room.

"So? How was it?" She looked like a kid on Christmas

"Can I breathe first please?" I grumbled wanting to get into bed.

"No you can't breathe, tell me!" She was determined.

"Well I can't tell you if I'm dead can I?" I shot her down.

"Fine. Have your breath!" She exclaimed.

"So? How was it?" Michael asked strolling into the lounge and then continuing to put his nasty feet up on my legs.

"Don't bother Mikey, apparently she needs to breathe," Jamie deadpanned.

"BS, you don't need to breathe!" he exclaimed.

"Firstly, get your nasty feet off me. And secondly, like I said to Jamie, I can't tell you if I'm dead can I?" I countered

The pair groaned and I gave in.

"Okay fine. He took me to subway as a joke. He took me to this really nice restaurant. We had dinner. We fought over who was going to pay. He won. We nearly kissed. We drove home. We got home. We nearly kissed again. Some idiot interrupted us. We didn't kiss. He left," I said slightly irritated.

"Now was that so hard?" Jamie teased.

"Yes it was," I shot her down.

"Well you guys have fun," Michael fake saluted us, "I'm off to go have some fun," he walked out winking.

"While your there maybe look for some class, you ass," Jamie screamed as he walked out the door.

Nothing much else happened that night. Jamie had to leave because apparently Luke needed his 'needs to be taken care of,' so I was left alone, eating Tom and Jerrys, watching whatever I could find on Netflix.

What a fun and interesting life I lead.

At around 11 I decided to go up to bed because Jamie wanted to go out shopping tomorrow because her and Luke were going clubbing and she needed a new dress. And that required energy. Lots of it

After I'd finished having a shower and thinking about the events of tonight, I heard giggling coming from the bottom of the hallway.

Dear God no.

Please.

No.

"Shhh, you've got to be quite babe, Charlottes asleep," he wouldn't.

I heard his bedroom door open and slam

He did.

He bloody brought someone back here. That prick.

Oh my god. I'm going to have his head in the morning.

ASHTON

Even though we'd only seen each 4 hours ago, I really wanted to see Charlotte again.

It was 1 in the morning and I wasn't sure if she was going to be awake but it was worth a shot.

"Hello?" A groggy voice answered.

"Charlie, hey babe it's meeee!" And maybe I was slightly on the drunk side.

"Ashton? Is that you?" She asked.

"The one and only baby," I slurred into the phone.

"How much have you had to drink Ash?"

"Only like, two," I said sheepishly.

"Yeah right. Where are you? I'm coming to get you," I could hear the jangling of keys in the background.

"Outside Lukey's house. Him and Jamie are inside and I'm scared so is decided to have a party by myself in my car because all the other parties are stupid and dumb," I rambled on.

"Okay, sit tight. I'll be there soon," The sound of keys had changed to the engine in a car starting up.

"See you soon," And I pressed end.

-

-

I woke up to sun streaming through the curtains of an unfamiliar room, a water and some paracetamol sitting on the bed side table sitting next to me.

My head also felt as if a million paper weights had been placed in there overnight. A feeling all to familiar.

But I could also smell bacon so I decided to get out of bed.

As I did, I remembered everything up until the phone call with Charlie last night. What happened after that?

Lazily following the smell, I came to a kitchen. At the table sat Charlotte, Mikey and some girl I'd never seen before.

"Ashton! Your up," Charlotte smiled gesturing me to come sit down

I quietly hushed her a look of guilt washed over her face.

"Sorry, I forgot that you might be a bit hungover,"

I smiled at her went to sit down at the table.

I went and sat next to Charlotte," What happened last night?" I whispered confused.

"Well, first you called me up drunk, I came and got you, I brought you back here, you said some things and then I put you to bed," she said shrugging.

"Right thanks," I said, awkwardly grabbing a piece of bacon and shoving it in my mouth.

"So, Irwin," Michael yelled.

"Clifford, shut up," I grumbled, my head still pounding.

"That's what you get for being drunk!" He yelled again and the girl sitting next to him laughed.

"Hilarious Mikey,"

"Not my fault," he yelled again.

"Mikey, leave him alone, c'mon," Charlotte asked him.

"Your lucky I love you Char," He said teasingly his voice returned to normal.

Breakfast continued, and I started stuffing my remembering how hungry I actually was. My headache started to subside and I could actually think.

Mikey and the girl left to go out god knows where, leaving Charlotte and I alone.

"How are you?" Charlotte asked softly.

"Better thanks," I smiled at her, "What a way to end a first date huh?" I added laughing.

"That it was," she chuckled trailing off.

"You said that I said some...things, what were they?" I breathed out hoping that it wasn't anything embarrassing.

She looked down at her plate blushing,"You said that um...that I was beautiful and that you can't wait to uh," She trailed off her face going a shade darker than it was.

I didn't. Please tell me I didn't.

"Charlotte, I am so sorry, you have no idea. That's...Oh god," I mentally faceplamed. 

"But it's true Charlie, maybe minus the last part," Maybe the last parts a lie.

"Thank you Ash,"

Ash

-

A/N

also tried to make this another long chapter.

shoutout to morgan who took my phone and tried to sneak this into the story

I'll tell you then! Morgan is just so cool and I love her

((told you I'd put it in there somewhere ;) ))

AND ALSO PLS READ GREEN LIGHT BY STAYHIGHMICHAEL BC BAE AND ITS REALLY GOOD AND YEAH

-hannah

ps. not edited so