23

"Tony needs to tell you something"
--------

Your pov

I followed Pepper to the place where the Avengers would usually have meetings. I walked in and saw Tony sitting at the head of the table. I looked around and didn't see anyone else. I slowly walked over to Tony and sat in the seat next to him. He had a book in front of him.

"Pepper stay"I say. 

"I have things to do, but call me up when you're finished" she said walking out. Damn, Pepper was my only hope for this not being awkward.

"So" I said.

"You seem more calm" he says. I huff out air.

"Key word I seem calm" I say crossing my arms. Tony hands me the book I look through it, it was just a bunch of photos of my parents and I before they died.

"I've seen these already" I say closing the book and giving it to him. I love and miss my parents so much, but reminiscing on my past is something I don't want to do right now. Tony opens the book back up, he flips to the very last page. It was a photo of My mom and dad holding my hands, it was taken when I was about 7. I smile at the memory.

"I don't want to make your day even worse" he says. I look at him weird. He goes behind the photo and takes out a small photo. He slides it to me upside down.

"Look at this" he says. I slowly pick up the photo, my hands tremble as I turn it around. My face goes flat it was a photo of Steve pretending to lick Buckys face. I turn the photo over so Tony can see.

"wow, thank you for this wonderful photo" I sarcastically say. Tony grabs the photo.

"Shit, that was the wrong photo" he says. Before he could put it back I take it and stuff it in my back pocket, you know just in case. He goes back to the same photo of my parents and I and takes out another small photo.

I pick it up and this time my face goes pale. I put the photo face up on the glass table.

It was a photo of a woman that looked like me, she was in the hospital holding a baby, there was a man besides her but that's where the photo went dark. The man next by her couldn't be identified. The picture also wasn't in color. 

"What the hell is this" I say. He lets out a short laugh.

"Well that's your mom and your dad, that's the only photo of him, and its blurred out" he says. I choke on air.

"But that's my mom" I say pointing to the other pictures in the album. I now notice that the people I've been living with all my life doesn't really look like me. I take a look at the picture Tony gave me. The woman she looks almost exactly like me.

"What happened to my real mom" I say. Tony lets out a sigh.

"Her name was Aspen, she had powers like you, but she could only control plants. She came to me when I told everyone I was Iron Man, she was very old fashion.  Hydra targeted her because they knew her ability. One day I was testing out something, when I got a distress call from her. I went to go check it out but she was gone and Hydra left a note saying they had her. I tried so hard to get her back, but by the time I got to her it was too late" Tony said. A silent tear rolled down my cheek and hit the table.

"So you gave me to another family" I said.

"It was to protect you, I didn't want Hydra to find out that you were associated with me, I guess they didn't know that Aspen had a child, so I asked a good friend of mine if they could take you in. I would always stop by to visit and see how you were doing, one day they called saying that you were acting weird, I went to go check it out and sure enough you had powers. But you could control all of earths elements. Then one day I went to go check on you but when I walked in your second family was dead and Hydra left a note. That's when I knew I would have to take you in" he said.

"Is Hydra still looking for me"I asked. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, they haven't left any more signs, in the distress call your mother sent me she asked if I could protect you and I promised" I nodded my head understanding. I didn't know if i should be mad at Tony...He was trying to protect me. 

"How close were you and my real mom" I said taking a look at the photo. 

"When she came to me, she was very formal, but we became good friends" He said. I took a deep breath. 

"Will I still be going to school?" I asked. Tony took off his glasses and rubbed his temples. 

"I switched your classes and after this semester Vision will be home schooling you" He said. I nodded and got up. When I got to my room I saw a package on my bed, I opened it and it was my mask, it was like a masquerade mask, covering my eyes and not my whole face, it had a thin clear film over the eye parts.  I put it on and my AI turned on.  I looked back in the box and saw that Tony also put a new suit in there. It looked the same but this time it had a hoodie. 

"Looks like we got an upgrade" Wendy said. 

"Yep"