chapter three.

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE.
two rocks and an idiot.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

        In all honesty, Sage was beginning to grow exceedingly bored of the hospital. At this point she had cleaned all areas in sight and done everything in her power to ensure Raven's comfort was at its finest. She trudged into Raven and her's newfound home for the day where Abby stood with a small pin in her palm.

        "You felt that?" Abby asked in astonishment upon noticing Raven's toes twitching after she dragged the pin along the bottom of Raven's foot.

        "Yes, I felt that." Raven confirmed causing Finn and Sage to share a grin of relief. When she tried the other foot and both Raven's face and foot remained unmoving the air thickened instantly.

        "Anything?" Finn asked, only for Raven to remain emotionless.

        "Go again."

        "Try it again." Finn and Sage ordered in sync.

         "Raven, I want you to tell me when you feel something, okay?" Abby explained before dragging the pin up Raven's leg in small strokes.

          Finn's hands grasped Sage's arm in anticipation as they both awaited Raven's response.

         "There." The mechanic responded when the pin dragged along her mid thigh. Sage cringed at how high up her leg it was, she knew it wasn't a good sign at all. Finn picked up on this also and glanced at the shorter girl defeatedly.

        "Raven, It appears that you have significant damage to the nerves in your left leg." Abby announced.

         "Will it get better?" Raven questioned, voicing the one thought all three teenagers shared.

          "For now, you'll need crutches. But you're alive. And you're not in pain anymore." Abby reminded. However Raven's eyes had already begun brimming with tears causing Sage's heart to ache.

          "But I'm still crippled." She mumbled.

          She breathed in a deep inhale before releasing it. Finn's grasp slipped from Sage's arm as they both experienced unsure feelings. Finn looked away from his former girlfriend, in fear he'd cry on her behalf. Whereas Sage's hand slapped over her mouth gently as she prevented herself from releasing any crying sounds. The tears slipping down her cheeks spoke for themselves however.