chapter five.

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.
go into the woods they said,
it'll be fine, they said.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Sage and the others worked quickly and in no time she found herself tying together pieces of material as Murphy continued to add to a collection pile. Sage's tongue gently grazed the outside of her upper lip as she frowned in concentration. Her hands worked almost independently as they fiddled and tied the seat-belts and wires into a long cord. And before long she was left with a twenty five metre long rope.

The curly haired girl swiftly pushed herself to her feet, rope in hand as she beckoned Bellamy over. He did so and accepted said string from her hands.

"Okay let's get this show on the road!" Murphy announced, clasping his hands together excitedly. Bellamy instantly shot the bloodied boy a look as Sage rolled her eyes at his actions.

"What? I'm lightening the mood." He defended with a shrug.

Before long the four teenagers arranged themselves along the rope as Bellamy began to wrap his waist and legs with it. A thousand thoughts ran through Sage's mind as she imagined all of the possible ways the rescue mission could go south. As Bellamy continued to descend himself Sage's heart began to pick up it's pace until she reassured herself he was safe within their grasp.

The four teenagers grunted as they continued to lower their leader, struggling under his weight. Sage planted her feet into the ground and utilised the entirety of her stubbornness to remain in the one position. Sage released a small grunt as she attempted to remain still and not fall into the figure of Murphy in front of her.

"Just hang on. I'm almost there." Bellamy informed Mel, his voice was distant therefore Sage only just made out his words.

The lack of vision Sage obtained over the cliff's face was irritating her deeply. She couldn't see Bellamy or if he was even close to Mel and it was only causing her more discomfort. The teenagers atop of the cliff could only assume Bellamy was close to retrieving Mel when they briefly heard him mutter a small series of 'it's okay' and 'I got you'.

They waited anxiously for the boy to beckon their assistance only to discover Bellamy had captured the girl in his arms upon noticing the extra weight they were now collectively holding.

"I got her. Pull us up!" Bellamy called.

Finn, Monroe and Sage did as they were told and began to heave the duo back up the cliff. However Murphy, being Murphy of course figured it was a brilliant moment to express his usual sarcasm.

"Don't you worry, Bellamy. I won't drop you." He commented as he began to strain himself like his fellow labourers.

"Not now, Murphy." Sage struggled out through gritted teeth as she continued to haul the pair up.