interlude.

a letter to our daughter

to our dearest sage,

we are writing this letter as one final goodbye you can always keep with you. as you know more than well by now, we are on our way out. the both of us. we hope this letter will suffice for all the years we will spend apart.

sage, we have said it every day since you were born but we're going to say it again. you are the light of our lives. living on the ark hasn't been easy but having you in our lives has made it all worth while. we thank our lucky stars each day that we had you in our lives sage.

you have always been the most important person in our lives, never have we questioned you or your behaviour because you have always done us proud. we are honoured to be called your parents and nothing will ever change that. no matter in life or death, we will always be with you and we will always be proud. there is nothing you could do nor say that would make us feel otherwise and we are so beyond proud of the young woman you have become. we know you will do us well, no matter what you do with your life.

we hope we have done well as your parents, and pray that in whatever life comes next we will receive the luxury to watch you continue to grow. we know this letter will never be enough, it physically cannot. we know the words on this page will never suffice for the guidance and parenting necessary throughout your teenage years. so we will leave you with this,

sage, we pray you fall in love. we pray you meet the love of your life and hold onto said love. we pray you always try your best for people, we pray you give everything to the people who love you and we pray you never forget who you are. stay stubborn, stay loyal, stay generous, stay loving and most importantly stay you.

sometimes people will tell you that you shouldn't cross oceans for people who wouldn't cross a puddle for you but sage, don't listen to those people. cross those oceans, love with all your heart, give everything, we know you will because you're a noon. and noons always give.

so although you are young now, we hope this note will help you to remember how we raised you, and will remind you how we would want you to continue to grow and live. we hope this note will help guide you through your years without us. we love you always sage. remember us and all we taught you.

may we meet again,

mum and dad.