chapter four.

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.
don't look down.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

    Finger's grazed an old drawing sitting idly upon an ancient looking desk. Sage quickly brushed the dust off of it before studying the image. Three stick figures were drawn in a line, the middle one appearing much shorter than the rest. Blonde pigtails were drawn on in a slightly too bright yellow crayon and a large smile adorned her face. The taller figures either side each wore similar grins as one appeared to be a father, and the other a mother.

    The sketch erupted a dreadful feeling in the pit of Sage's stomach. The messy yet innocent drawing sent a wave of nostalgia over the teen as she longed for her parents. Malia Noon had lived to see her daughter's thirteenth birthday before she passed, her husband had passed only months prior via floating from none other than Thelonious Jaha. This left their two daughters, biological and surrogate, to fend for themselves. Sage and Raven held onto one another for a while, Raven suddenly feeling the duty to protect her somewhat younger sister until she was locked up in the skybox. Sage had never regretted her crime, in fact she always, till this day saw it as a necessary act.

    Raven used to visit every afternoon during Sage's first year, before she starting showing up less and less, until it reached the point that Sage was lucky to receive a visit from the older girl once every few months. In the early stages, Sage tried to convince herself that Raven was simply busy with school work and training to be an mechanic but as she got older her belief slowly slipped away. She knew Raven spent her time with Finn and barely thought of her. And while it set a horrid feeling in her already worn out heart, part of her wanted Raven to forget about her and live a happy life with her boyfriend. Perhaps if she forgot Sage, she could forget the memories she came with.

    "We're gonna do this again." Bellamy announced, snapping Sage out of her trance. She glanced at the imprisoned Grounder before placing the paper in its original position. As the boys continued to interrogate the Grounder, Sage trudged over to the lounge where she flopped upon it.

Sage began to tune out the boys until Finn's tone hardened yet again causing her to tense up and sit slightly straighter.

    "Where is the girl who was wearing this watch?" Finn spat.

    "I never saw a girl." The Grounder responded weakly. His bloodied face almost matched Bellamy and Murphy's at this point.

    "Guys, he clearly doesn't know. This is useless. The Grounders don't have them." Sage piped in only to be ignored, yet again.

    "I don't know what girl you're talking about." The Grounder repeated.

    "Another lie. Maybe you should stop asking him nicely-" Murphy began.

    "Shut up, Murphy." Bellamy interrupted. Sage glanced at Murphy who threw his hands up in a sarcastic question.

"Where are our friends? You took them. We know you did. Just tell us where." Bellamy stated.