chapter six.

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX.
we don't know him.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

It appeared as though the only thing Sage's life had come to was walking and trudging through forests. To say she was sick of it would be the understatement of the century. Especially with Murphy and Finn. Sage bonded with both boys individually. Finn had always known Sage as Raven's little sister and has taken a liking to the younger girl from a young age. Murphy had also grown up knowing the girl as they both attended the same school and had met a few times. Since then, they were proving to be an unlikely yet bonding pair.

However as soon as you put the two together. It went downhill.

Sage could not stand being with both boys, they were toxic when together. And Sage just happen to be literally and figuratively sitting between a war zone. Thankfully the group reached a region of the woods relatively close to the Grounder camp meaning they were forced to be quiet.

They soon found themselves crouched upon the forest floor which was dampening by the minute due to the heavy rainfall. Sage ignored the hair gluing to her back and shoulders because thankfully the rain was proving useful as it was somewhat cool. However it could hardly match the humidity of the woods.

Ignoring the climate, Sage followed Finn and Murphy's actions and peered through her gun lens in order to view the grounder camp.

"I count twenty six." Finn stated.

"Nah, twenty seven." Sage corrected.

"I got twenty eight." Murphy finally decided.

"These people don't look like warriors, Finn. Just kids, old people. There's nothing big enough to hold our friends." Murphy continued.

"That's because they're not here." Sage mused in a sing song voice, declaring what she had been repeating for a couple days now.

"Well until you can figure out where they are Sage, you're of no use and we have to assume the grounders have them." Finn snapped.

"Touchy." Sage mumbled. The boy's tone was highly unnecessary and he was talking down to her as if she was a child, like the first time they met.

"Besides, they could be underground." Finn suggested causing the other two to scoff.

"Highly unlikely." Sage muttered as Murphy shook his head and returned to glancing through his makeshift binoculars.

Sage did so also, and she felt a sense of deja vu when herself and Murphy shared a glance. His eyes rolled before landing on Finn who was clearly oblivious while Sage mouthed the words 'can you believe him?'. The boy shook his head yet again and looked back at the camp of 'warriors'.