chapter seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN.
thank you for coming to my ted talk.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

    It had been around a week and a half since the incidents at Tondc and since then a lot had changed. For example, Sage and the others had finally escaped the endless days spent in the woods and her injury had finally perished. They had also been stationed back at camp jaha where they finally received their own rooms. Sage was highly excited by this and was more than happy to finally sleep in a room where the bed was actually well a bed.

    However due to their return to camp this also meant that the teens were expected to undertake a role within Arkadia and actually make themselves useful. Sage had considered working in the hospital with Jackson and Abby but was turned off of this idea when she was told she would only be used as the cleaner. Therefore Sage instead agreed to work in the kitchen, an environment she was more than comfortable in. Working with food and serving people each night reminded Sage of her father who worked in the food industry on the Ark.

    Sage's duty entitled her to work mostly as a waitress or barista and she did both each day. Waitress during the day, serving only small rations of food where as in the night she specialised in preparing and waitressing alcohol at the bar. It wasn't the most exciting job but Sage enjoyed the social aspects of her duty, considering she was beginning to form close bonds with the regular customers.

    Such as Clarke, who although seemingly responsible often popped in for at least one drink each night.

    Sage worked through the afternoon and it had finally reached the evening. Tonight had been particularly busy for the teen and she soon found herself rushing around to cater for all the resident's alcoholic needs.

    Sage poured a glass of moonshine she had salvaged from Monty before heading over to the table Murphy was seated at. She soon located it and placed the cup before him receiving a 'thank you' and half smile from the pleased boy.

    "Check it out, Sage salvaged Monty's still from the dropship. I guess you know if we could salvage Monty, huh." Murphy spoke, receiving no response from Clarke, Finn or Sage only a death glare.

   "Can I get anyone anything else?" Sage asked in hopes of relieving the tension.

    Nobody replied other than Murphy who shook his head no, indicating his one glass of moonshine was enough.

    "Easy just a joke. K. You uh tell her we're cleared?" He asked, looking over to Finn.

    "No." The boy replied simply.

    "Well, it looks like our pardon for surviving includes our time on the ground. Now bigger fish to fry, I guess." Murphy continued, still receiving very little acknowledgement from the two teens either side of him.