chapter seventeen.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
darling won't you dance with me.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

          Eighty one days. It had been eighty one days since Murphy and Sage had witnessed anything of the outside world and Sage almost couldn't decide whether or not that was a good thing. It's not like she had anything waiting outside for her, one of the only people she cared about was stuck with her and she wasn't exactly on great terms with anyone else on earth.

          So why did she want to leave so badly? She would give anything to see Raven's stupid face again, even if she was angry at her. She didn't care, she wanted to see her.

          Sage didn't bother checking what time it was when she drew on the eighty first line of chalk on the wall, she cringed at the sound before placing the chalk back down on the table and wiping the dust off her hands.

          Carrying her body, her feet travelled through the kitchen and around the counter Sage soon located Murphy with her eyes, standing by the stereo, flipping through an oddly large collection of cd's. Sage pulled open the fridge, finding only two punnets of berries and one sad sad egg.

         She slammed the fridge door closed, suddenly pissed before running her left hand down her face.

         "You alright Darling?" Murphy asked.

          "As good as I can be I suppose." The girl responded, her voice mellow.

           Murphy nodded to himself while Sage strolled around the lounge, flopping down on it lazily, god she had spent so many hours simply sitting there, wasting her life on countless television shows and more video games than she could memorise. Her hands ran down her face in distress as she curled up on the lounge.

           Her ears perked up as a harmonious tune filled the air, a familiar one at that. Sage fluttered open her eyes to find Murphy, hips swaying along the music as he himself also hummed the song in question.

           "I had a dream the other night, about how we only get one life." Murphy sang along, stalking up to Sage, spinning for effect. Sage snickered at his flailing only for him to come closer.

            "You're crazy." Sage stated with a smile.

            "Woke me up right after two, stayed awake and stared at you so I wouldn't lose my mind." He continued, holding an outstretched hand for her to take. "Dance with me."

            "I'm not in the mood for dancing." Sage murmured.

            "Oh, come on don't be a downer." Murphy whined causing Sage to roll her eyes gently.