Chapter 5

Chris's POV:

I can't believe him! Just deciding things on his own. At first I thought he must be a hufflepuff but he is quite cunning. The way he brakes down my walls. The way he makes my heart jump. How could he know. Not just that I'm a slitheren but my favorite color is blue. I wonder what his is? Maybe a sunshiny yellow. That matches his personality. So bright it's blinding but you can't live without it....

I need to stop this. Just ignore him. You are just going to leave. Don't grow dependent of him. Because you won't find another. Thomas walked into lunch late as usual. He seemed to be talking with Judy. I don't know much about her other then Henry likes her. I really should make an effort to talk to the others. Whatever. I took out my phone and started up glee.

"Watch ya up to?" Thomas's voice bounced through my skull. How is he always so carefree.?He had dark jeans and a Fall Out Boy tee. Not something you would think he listens to. But it looked good..

"No!" Everyone looked at me worried. Oh god I must have said that out loud. I looked at Thomas's face. He looked defeated. "Sorry..." I said quietly. I wanted to say I didn't mean it. I almost even explained what I was thinking anything too. Anything for him to stop looking like that.

"It's cool. Sorry to bother you." He sat down next to me, pulled out his headphones, and listened without bothering me for the rest of lunch.  I should be relieved this is exactly what I wanted. To be free of him. Why am I so sad? I can't even concentrate on my show. Huh. I grabbed a sticky note from my bag. I can't believe I'm doing this. 

Thomas I wasn't saying no to you I was thinking about something else. - Chris

I slide the note in front of him. A huge beautiful smile appeared on his face. my heart jumped. How can anyone smile like that? He quickly took out a note to do the same.

Ohh what were you thinking about?

Again with the questions will this guy let anything go.

It's none of your business.

Come on I'm curious! :( 

Apparently that's a no. Without even thinking I wrote you. But lucky just before I passed it to him the bell rang. I was brought to my senses and crumpled the paper in my hand. No need for him to know. He would just bother me more.  I left to go to my next class.

Bio. I don't really know anyone... well no that Sam kid across from me is here. But so far I've only really talked to Thomas and Henry. I just sat down near him anyway.

"Hey," he mumbled towards me. "What's up with you?"

"Not much."

"Thomas isn't bothering you is he? He really is a nice guy. He just cares about people. More than most."

"Yeah he says I'm interesting." I couldn't help it but smile at the word interesting. He seemed relieved at my smile. 

"Well as long as you get it. Just don't hurt him okay. He had enough trouble with that already." 

"What are you talking about?"

"That's something you should ask him. He is an open book he will talk about almost anything." Sam had a sad look in his eyes. "He always keeps that hard stuff for himself." We didn't talk for the rest of class. I sat there not listening or even watching my shows.  My only thoughts were trying to guess what such a smiley boys secret could be. 

I was walking to English when what Sam said hit me.  Just don't hurt him okay. He thought that I.... that he.... that we.... liked eachother. My face was engolfed in blush. I quickly ducked into English before people could stare. 

I really didn't know anyone in this class. Calm down, I thought to myself, it's only been 2 days. Wait only two! It feels like an eternity. Ah Well. I plugged in my headphones and put on some music. I began to doddle on my paper. It's a habit. I never draw real things just patterns. The class drowns on I should probably be listening. Not that anyone else is. 

My last class is the worst of all, math. It is not my thing. Of course as I'm walking in the adviced algebra class leaves. I see him, Thomas. He's packing up, smiling talking to other students. I try to sneak past him but he waves. I realized something today. Thomas smiles at everyone. I'm not special. For some reason now I'm the one feeling defeated. Even though I swear I was never playing.

Thanks again for reading! I know it's been a slow burn for some but it really has only been 2 days I think I'm going to time skip at some point. Let me know what you think of it.