Sixteen: The Best Worst Date

I knocked on Zack's door three times before he answered. "For a second there I thought you bailed." He said once he opened the door.

"It was really busy tonight. I would have been later but my coworker let me leave early." I explained.

Zack stepped aside and let me into his apartment. It was just as clean as last time, which was still mind-boggling to me. I went to the kitchen to sit my keys and phone down when I saw the Pizza Hut box laying on the counter.

"Hope you like pizza. It might be cold by now but you'll be okay." He said casually.

"Wow, thanks for caring so much," I said sarcastically. But I really was thankful. I was starving and Pizza Hut was by far the best.

He let out a small laugh and walked to the fridge. "Coke or water?" He asked, opening the door.

"Water. I can't tell you how many drinks I made tonight that involved soda." I complained.

"Yeah I can smell, I mean tell, sorry." He smirked as he handed me a water bottle. I just rolled my eyes and took a sip. I always had more respect for water after work. "Did you want a change of clothes or something? That uniform doesn't exactly look clean or relaxing."

"Let me guess. You have a collection of girls clothing you've collected over the years of being a player." I teased, grabbing a slice of pizza and putting it on a napkin.

"Haha, you're so clever. I'll be right back." He replied sarcastically and walked to his bedroom. When I was halfway through my pizza, he came back with a shirt and a pair of boxers in his hand. "Here, these should fit. They shrank in the wash."

I eyed the boxers suspiciously. "These better be extremely clean."

He rolled his eyes and said, "Yes, they are. Now stop being a priss and go change."

With a huff, I walked to his bathroom to peel my disgusting clothes off. However, I could still feel the sticky stench on me. I looked in his shower and figured it wouldn't hurt to rinse off quickly. Just to be sure, I poked my head through the door and asked, "Hey, do you mind if I rinse off in your shower real quick?"

"If it makes you smell better you do whatever you need." He replied back from the living room.

I rolled my eyes and closed the door. I turned the water on and stepped in. The water running through my hair after being restrained for so long felt amazing. I grabbed his shampoo and lathered it all throughout my hair. Although his body wash was for men, I scrubbed all the sticky alcohol patches away with pleasure. It was a quick shower, but a miracle worker at the same time.

I dried off with a towel I found under the sink. I pulled the blue plaid boxers up to my waist and noticed they were still too big. I rolled them up a few times and the eventually stayed up. I pulled the grey shirt over my head and admired it for its softness. It had USC Trojans printed on the front. Did Zack graduate from Southern California? There's no way. The school's acceptance rate was 18%. But, then again, Zack did tend to surprise me a lot. Disregarding my thoughts, I decided to leave my dirty clothes in the bathroom and made a reminder to grab them when I left.

I walked out of the bathroom and back to the living room. "How do I look?" I asked, not really caring for the answer but it broke the silence nonetheless.

Zack turned his head away from the tv and his eyes grew slightly wider. A smile grew on his face, not a smirk, but a smile. "Damn."

"What?" I asked slightly concerned, looking down at my appearance.

"Nothing, you're just living up to your nickname, Hot Stuff." He said smoothly.

I blushed and said, "Shut up." I diverted my eyes from him and they landed back on the kitchen where my pizza was waiting to be eaten. I made my way back to the kitchen and heard Zack get up from the couch.