Chapter 2: Party

"He left a note!" exclaimed Jessica. She was way too loud.

"First of all, please keep it down! Everyone is watching." I said hitting her forehead lightly. "And second Let me see it!" I exclaimed, whisper yelling.

Jessica handed me the note. I Immediately opened it and start reading quietly in a way that only Jessica and I could hear.

I'm sorry I left you guys without saying goodbye, but it was an emergency. But I want to make it up to you, so I invite you to Selena's party. You are my guest and honestly, I do not have anyone else to take with me. This is the address () I can't wait to see you there and don't forget to dress your best!

Jessica and I stared at each other; our jaw opened like a hungry shark.
Jessica froze. "Oh my god," Was the only thing that came out of her mouth.
"He's inviting us to a party?!" I exclaimed starting to jump up and down. Then realization hit me. We were still in McDonalds and everyone was watching us like were some kind of freaks. My cheeks flushed with redness.

"We have to go shopping for a new dress!" Jessica panicked.
"Yes! OMG!" I panicking with her.
She took my hand in hers and we ran out of McDonalds knowing exactly where we needed to go.

When we got to the mall it was already 5pm and we only had an hour to look for something to buy for the party. Mall was only open from 10am to 6pm.

"We have to be fast. Lets just start with our favorite store." Said Jessica with a serious face.
"Yes! Party starts at 9pm and we have to get to do our makeup and hair!" I panicked.
"Oh god" Said Jessica with a frustrated expression.
"JUST R.U.N!" I yelled and took Jessica's hand in mine, running toward Macy's.

After trying on dresses for almost 45 minutes, Jessica and I decided which dresses we wanted to buy.

This is what I chose:

And this is what Jessica chose:

"You look gorgeous in this!" I exclaimed as Jessica she turned around so I could see the back of her dress better

"Yours is better than mine," She said unsure.
"You look gorgeous." I said reassuring her about her choice.

"We are closing in 10 minutes."announced a lady with a microphone.

"We have to hurry." Said Jessica rushing back to the fitting room to change.

There was only 5 minutes remaining for the store to close, when Jessica and I bought our stuff. We left Macy's relieved.

"Oh no." Said Jessica looking at her phone with wide eyes. She stopped at the middle of the mall.
"Whats wrong?" I asked her concerned.
"I didn't tell my mom about the party. She just texted me." She explained showing her phone screen to me.
I need you home right now.
No way.
"I think you have to go by yourself. I'm sorry." Said Jessica. Tears appeared on her eyes.
"But That's not fair!" I yelled stomping my feet, frustrated.
"I'm sorry," Said Jessica when she got another text.
"I need to run. She's going to get me grounded for a week if I don't get home immediately." said Jessica kissing my cheek and running out of the mall leaving me behind. I watched behind her as she disappeared between people.

I got to the bus station as soon as Jessica left and waited for the bus to arrive. This was not fair. I couldn't just go alone. A party wouldn't be a party without Jessica. What the hell am I going to do at a party of people I don't even know, without her? It's going to be so awkward talking with Charlie without Jessica around.

When I got home, it was 8pm already and I needed to get ready so I wouldn't be late.

I checked myself in the mirror for one last time.
"Mom!" I yelled from my room. "I'm going to Jessica's house," I lied to her. She would never let me go to a party. I couldn't let her find out. This was my only chance to be with my lifelong idol. "She said she doesn't feel well so I will be staying with her the whole night." I yelled again. "Sure sweetie. Tell her to get well soon!" My mom yelled back.

I was sure that my mom would ask Jessica if I was really with her, so I texted Jessica immediately telling her to cover up for me.

Don't worry. I have the situation controlled. That's what besties are for!

Jessica's text had me smiling like a freak. She really was the best. That's a shame she couldn't come with me.

I peaked between the bedroom doors to make sure the coast was clear. When I didn't locate my mom, I took my purse and ran outside of the house.

When I arrived, I paid the taxi driver wishing him a good night. I turned around and immediately was greeted by Charlie in a black suit.
Charlie looked at me up and down for a few seconds. "You look great!" He said shaking his head and smiling widely. "Not as good as you!" I complimented back. "Oh, right," He said coming closer to me. "Where is your friend?" he asked clearly not paying attention to what he was saying. Was he checking me out?
"Her mom called her home so she couldn't make it." I said. Was he even listening to me?
"hmm, hmm," He said. Then again, he shook his head, looking into my eyes with a smile. "Next time." He said extending his arm for me. Next time?
I hold onto his arm and he led the way.

 Next time?I hold onto his arm and he led the way