Chapter 7: Asked out

His nose touched mine and in an instant, he lowered my head and kissed my forehead. I had my eyes closed, feeling his soft lips on my skin.
I was surprised by his kiss but also calm.
Seconds passed by and his lips were still on my forehead.
He lowered his hands and slowly pulled away.
He smiled and stared in my eyes.
His smile was different this time. It was like a excitement or happiness. He was calm and happy.
I was happy.
Everything about him made me happy and excited. He was the only source of my happiness.

"Please don't be sad." He said still staring into my eyes. He moved his hand on mine.
"I'm not." I said. I wasn't lying. He was my happiness and I could never be sad when with him.
"I'm glad. Are you h..." started Charlie but he was cut off by the growl of my empty stomach. I was hungry.
"My stomach just answered your incomplete question." I said giggling.

He started laughing and I laughed with him uncontrollably.

"Now, you should feed your girlfriend." I said in between the laughter.

Girlfriend?
What did I just say?!

Charlie froze immediately and looked in my eyes, smiling.
"Omg, I'm so sorry. I think I just got so lost in the our little pretend game." I said trying to laugh it off.

Awkward.

He didn't say a word.
Instead, he stood up and took the bag of food from Panera and put it on my bed.
"I got two tomato soups with garlic bread and orange juice." He said.
"Tomato soup?" I asked in sadness.
"Why! You don't like it?" He asked concerned.
"It's not that I don't like or I don't want to be grateful, but I was hoping for a mushroom or chicken soup because they're just my favorite." I said ashamed.
I don't know why I was ashamed. I was being truthful.
"I'll fetch you a mushroom soup real quick, sweetheart." He said and stormed out of the room, not even letting me talk.

He emphasized the "sweetheart" like it was meant to be something.
Maybe he just wanted to get back to me for saying "girlfriend" earlier?

Just as I wanted to say something to him, I realized he's already gone. I don't even know what I would say in that situation.

After few minutes, I got bored and decided to do something to pass time. AND the only thing that came to my mind was to listen to my comfort song: "Dangerously"

I got my phone, opened Spotify and immediately found my song.
I started singing the song lyrics.

Charlie POV:

I walked in the hallway, singing to myself, and swinging the Panera bag in my hand.

I had a strange feeling of happiness and strangely very energetic.

Just as I reached the door to the room of Emily, I heard her voice singing my song. I smiled like crazy, and stopped at the door, waiting for the song to end to do my entrance.
She knew every line and beat of the song. Her voice was mesmerizing. She was singing her heart out. I could feel it.

When she said "girlfriend" I got nervous and excited. I was feeling something I never felt before. I could feel that she was feeling the same way.

She was so beautiful; inside and out. She wasn't like other girls; she was different.

Emily POV:

When I finished singing "Dangerously" for the thousandth time, Charlie opened the door and walked in with a big bag on his hand and smile on his lips.

"Got your favorites!" He said holding the bag up high.
"Thank you! You're the best!" I said smiling wildly and sitting straight on my bed.

"Before we get started eating and all, can I ask you something?" said Charlie sounding nervous.

His voice made me nervous too.

Does he want to talk about the 'girlfriend' thing? Did I say something wrong or hurt his feelings?

"Go ahead." I said trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

"This may sound crazy..." He started but stopped. He was beginning to sweat.
"ok?" I said with questioning voice. I'm sure this wasn't helping his case.
"IWANTTOTAKEYOUONADATEWITHMETOMORROWNIGHT" He said very fast.

I was confused. I heard him but I stopped functioning. I was frozen.

"You said wHAt?" I asked.

I completely heard him but I wanted to make sure I hear him right.

"A date?" He said shy.

"ABSOLUTELY!" I said excited while clapping my hands.

Should I act nonchalant? Or is it too late?

He smiled happily and hugged me immediately. I was surprised by it which took me a minute to hug him back.

His hands were on my back making circular motions. I could smell his perfume. He smelled so nice.

After hugging Charlie for which felt like years, the door opened and someone walked in.

The voice of long heels.

MOM