Chapter 4: Girlfriend 2

Charlie and I ran as fast as we could towards the door of the mansion. I was afraid to look behind me. I was scared.

I could see the camera lights flashing rapidly.

Charlie held my hand when we reached the stairs, dragging me up. He immediately turned the door handle and threw me inside, following behind.

The loud thud of door startled everyone. All heads turned to our direction.

"Are you two okay?" Selena asked concerned.

Poor Selena. Her party was ruined once again.

"I thought you had security guards all around here." Charlie said breathless. "Paparazzi is everywhere! They might have saw us together!" He said frustrated.

I was only nodding to whatever Charlie was saying. I had nothing to say. I had embarrassed myself enough.

"Well, I mean, aren't you two together? What's the big deal?" asked Selena clearly confused.

I panicked. AGAIN. God, today should be named 'panic' day. What a mess!

"Of course we are, but," started Charlie.
"We don't want to make it public yet. I, specially, am not comfortable to do this." I said finishing his sentence.
"Yeah. You know how it gets when public knows your personal sh*t and all." Said Charlie turning his head to me clearly surprised by my answer.

Did he think I am stupid or not capable of answering a simple question?
Why the hell was he surprised?

"Well... You are right. I'll call the security and make sure there won't be any disruptions anymore." Said Selena turning around and walking toward one of the rooms.

"Let's play everyone!" yelled Shawn.

He was so dreamy!

"Let's play Never Have I Ever!" shouted Cameron.

Oh no. Please don't.

"Oh, yes!" the crowd shouted.

Did I ever mention that I HATE drinking games?

I looked at Charlie who was excited and worried at the same time.
I smiled at him reassuring that everything's going to be fine.

"Newbie! You're going first!" Yelled Liam.

Wait a minute...

LIAM!!!

Liam Payne was standing at the middle of the room, wearing only sweatpants.
His muscles were perfect. So good looking.

"Sure Liam," I said usure that if I should call him Liam or not.

This was too much for me. I needed a drink.

We played for almost 30 minutes. It was so much fun until...

"Never have I ever kissed a guy." Said Selena.

I didn't take the shot.

"Don't cheat Emily! You need to take the shot!" Said Selena in a polite way.
"Unless," started Halsey.
"Yes, I haven't kissed a guy." I said. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing by saying the truth. But it was too late to go back.

"Charlie!" Yelled Selena with wide eyes. "How can you not kiss your girlfriend?" She accused him.

"I...I," stuttered Charlie. He looked at me and I looked back at him.
"I wasn't comfortable," I started. "I had never kissed a guy and I wanted our first kiss to be perfect." I lied. I should have lied at the beginning.

"Aww! That's cute!" said Shawn with a cute face. How adorable!

Everyone retuned to the game without further question.
Phew! We have this passed successfully.

We continued playing until everybody was drunk. Including me.

"Is that me?" I laughed at my reflection on the mirror.

God, I was drunk.

"You're Charlie Puth!" I yelled pointing at Charlie.
"And he is the dreamy Shawn Mendes!" I said running toward Shawn, hugging him tightly.

I could feel Charlie's anger behind me.

I didn't care.

"You're cute!" Said Shawn laughing. He was drunker than I was.

"I'm taking you home." Said Charlie pulling my hand. I turned to him and frowned.

"I'm good. I didn't even drink!" I said almost yelling.

Charlie showed all 10 glasses on the table from where I was sitting, to me. They were all empty. I was definitely drunk.

"I didn't drink those!" I yelled trying to let go of his hand holding my arm. I was acting childish.

I don't even know why I was lying about not being drunk. I was drunk. I definitely was.

"Emily, please." Pleaded Charlie calmly. I was yelling at him, but he was calm. So calm.

I walked toward him closing the little space between us. His cheeks were red. I touched his left cheek with my right hand and looked at his eyes intensely. It was like he was talking to me with his eyes.

"you're beautiful." Said Charlie placing his hand on my hand.
"I love you honey." Said Charlie a bit loud like he wanted others to hear. He got what he wanted. Everyone started clapping around us and yelled 'kiss'.

This was all a game. A GAME.

I shouldn't feel angry. I agreed to this myself.

I felt a tear on my cheek. Charlie looked at me with confused eyes.
I couldn't take this anymore. I felt sad and disappointed. I was drunk.

I pushed Charlie gently and ran away as fast as I could to the exit door.

I was crying. I was running.

I could hear people call from behind, calling my name. I couldn't care less. I was done with all the bullsh*t.

I opened the door furiously and ran into the yard, toward the exit.
I ran without stopping or looking behind me.
I ran until I was outside of the mansions yard. I looked behind me and saw Charlie running toward me. I turned and ran again.

A light.
It was coming toward me.

I felt dizzy.

I froze.
The light was coming closer to me.

It was a car.