Chapter 3: Girlfriend

Charlie and I entered the gateway through Selena's house. Oh, right. I never asked him who Selena is.

"So,"
"So,"
We both started. He stopped before reaching the stairs that led to the door to the mansion.
"What's the matter?" I asked concerned. He looked at me for a minute. He held my hand in his.
"You need to pretend to be my girlfriend tonight." He whispered.

"ExCuSe Me?!" I exclaimed.
Did I hear him right? He wanted me to pretend to be his girlfriend? Is that why he invited me to the party?

Of course, that was the reason! Which celebrity would invite a normal person to a party?!

I was mad. I felt betrayed and used.

"Is that why you invited me?" I asked. My voice cracked. It was not as strong as I hoped it would be.
"Partially." He admitted. "I'm sorry Emily. Could you please do this favor to me?" He pleaded.

Did I want to be his girlfriend even for a night? Yes.
But I felt empty at the moment.

Charlie turned his head and looked around us. His eyes were full of worry. What was wrong with him? This is not what I imagined tonight would be like.

"I told everyone that I had a girlfriend."He explained finally looking at my face. "I need your help." He said with pleading eyes.

"I will do this under one condition." I said crossing my arms.
"I'm listening." He said interested.
"You are going to tell me why you lied to everyone about having a girlfriend," I started, "And I want autograph. From Shawn Mendes." I giggled.

I will help him. I'm sure he has his reasons. And I was dying to have an autograph from Shawn Mendes!

"I sure will." He said chuckling and sounding relieved.
"Just saying, you could have found better girls for this role." I told him grabbing his hand.
"I could've never find a one like you." He smiled and winked at me, lacing his fingers with mine.

My heart was racing. The butterflies were flying all over me. I looked at our laced fingers and I wished this wasn't a game.

"Also," started Charlie. "There could be paparazzi around." He said stepping on the stairs that led to the mansions door.

"Where?!" I panicked. He stopped again. "Anywhere." He said looking around.

After a moment of silence, he dragged me upstairs.

"What's up d..."said Camron Dallas opening the door immediately after Charlie rang the doorbell. "dude,"finished Camron. He was looking at me, at Charlie, and our laced fingers.
"Are you going to let us come inside?"asked Charlie totally annoyed. "Oh yeah!" Cameron replied.

A second after Cameron opened the door widely, I froze by the scene in front of me.
Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, and...

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!

IS THAT SHAWN MENDES?!

I froze. I couldn't move. I was feeling nauseous.

"Emily? What's...Emily?!" was the last thing I heard before the whole world went blank.

I opened my eyes to the loud sound of music.

"Are you ok?" Asked a familiar voice.

Shawn Mendes.

"Did I die? Am I in heaven or something?" I said looking to all the famous people standing around me.

Charlie chucked. "You just fainted for some, I guess, obvious reasons," He said pointing his finger to Shawn Mendes. "And now, I assume, you are ok?" He said unsure.
"I am." I said my cheek flushed with redness.

"I guess I have these effects on girls sometimes." Said Shawn totally proud of himself. Everyone in the room laughed except one person: Charlie. He rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"I'm sorry for ruining the party," I said embarrassed. "I guess this is your party Selena," I said looking at Selena Gomez shyly. "Sorry." I said not able to look at her eyes.
She came closer to me putting her hand on my shoulder. "Party is the last thing in mind right now. If you are ok, I'm ok." She said with a sweet voice. I looked in her eyes and smiled.

"I think we are going to be really good friends, Emily," Selena started, "And since youre Charlie's girlfriend, I'm sure we will be seeing each other more often." She said sounding excited.

She's so sweet!

"Let's party!" Said Selena jumping. Everyone in the room cheered.
"I'm sure you would like to straighten your hair before coming in." said Halsey rolling her eyes.

Selene turned to her and frowned.

"I'll take her out to get some fresh air." Said Charlie holding my hand in his.

I stood up by the bed and smiled at Charlie.

"Actually that's a great idea." I said to Charlie. "We will be back." Said Charlie looking at Selena.

After everyone left the room, I turned to Charlie. "What's wrong with my hair?" I asked him running my hand in between my hair.
"It's beautiful," He said smiling. "and kind of messy!" He said brining his hand to my hair and caress my hair.

He was taking my breath away.

"Let's get some air." I said moving a bit away from Charlie so I could breathe.
"Sure." He said, still holding my hand, and led the way.

After walking do about 5 minutes we stopped and set on a bench.

"Are you feeling better?" Asked Charlie finally letting go of my hand.

I wasn't happy that he did. I wanted to hold his hand again; but than again, I reminded myself: this was a game, I was the toy and Charlie was the player.

He moved closer to me on the bench looking at my eyes intensely. Just as he moved his hand to my cheek, I heard a camera shutter. I'm sure Charlie heard it too because he immediately stood up, held my hand in his and whisper yelled: Run.

 I'm sure Charlie heard it too because he immediately stood up, held my hand in his and whisper yelled: Run