The Yule Ball (Sirius x reader)

Picture super unrelated. I just want to show everyone how beautiful Rin is. Continue on.
Oh, wait- if this Fanfiction mentions long hair or hair that is in a bun for the reader but the reader doesn't have long hair, ignore it, please. Excuse any writing errors.

    I stared at my reflection in the mirror, frowning at my dress as I ran my hands down the bottom of it, trying to get the wrinkles out. I chewed at my lip nervously.
In mere minutes, I'm going to walk out of this dorm and attend the Yule ball with my friends. I'm going to TRY to be sociable and look for someone to dance with-
Unfortunately, my pep talk was interrupted by Lily throwing the bathroom door open and walking out of it looking like a model. I pouted. Lily looked so graceful with her red hair put up in a bun along with her long dress that stuck to her curves. "Your so pretty, Lils." Lily clicked her tongue and briskly walked over to me with her arms outstretched, looking like she wanted a hug. "You're pretty too, Hun." Lily gently placed a loose strand of hair behind my ear and put her hands on my shoulders. "Don't doubt yourself! You're beautiful and you're going to sweep someone off their feet! Now smile and remember, if James tries to get handsy with me, we'll kick his arse together!" Lily beamed. I couldn't help smile and give in to Lily's sweetness. "Yeah. Okay, Lily." I stepped away from the mirror, deciding that criticizing my looks wasn't going to help. Lily grabbed my hand reassuringly. "Now! Let's go and charm everyone with prettiness!" I laughed and rolled my eyes, already feeling better with my best friend at my side. "You're crazy." Lily shrugged and ushered me out of the room.
Well, here goes nothing.

     I hesitantly scanned the room, clutching onto the sides of my F/C dress. Lily had gone off to get us punch, which left me alone and defenseless. I could only hope James didn't snatch her for a dance. With my luck, yeah, he probably did. I sighed loudly, my eyes flickering over all the people that were partner-less. My eyes stopped on a certain black haired teen. I recognized him as one of the Marauders, James's gang of troublemakers.
He looks lonely. I should go talk to him to cheer him up...
Without really thinking for my feet to move, I was walking towards the lonely marauder.

Sirius looked up from his shoes. Apparently finding more interest in them than the dance. I smiled at him. Somehow I made it to him without tripping over my own feet. "Hi, where's your partner?" I asked, trying to make conversation. Sirius shrugged, biting his bottom lip. "I guess she ditched me. What about you?" He asked with interest. He was probably wondering why this random girl started to talk to him. "Uh, I don't have one," I answered simply, "I came here with my best friend. She probably got snatched my James though." Sirius huffed, looking annoyed. "You and me both. Here I am, sitting here and talking to him, then he says 'Oh SiRiUs tHeRe's mY bRiDe tO bE' and he leaves." I giggled slightly, feeling better knowing that I wasn't the only one that got ditched. "So, Lily and James huh. How long has it been since James started pining?" Sirius laughed, shrugging. "I dunno. Five years? Seems like a hundred." I nodded. "Wonder why we haven't met before." He shrugged again. I strained my ears as a song came on, it was slow and romantic, setting the mood for lovebirds to dance and enjoy each other presence. Sirius licked his lips, looking around almost nervously. "You wanna dance?" He asked, holding out his hand for me to take. I stopped for a tick, weighing my options. "Yes." I finally said, letting out a long breath as Sirius lead me to the center of the room.

It wasn't really a dance. We held each other close (almost like a couple) and walked in circles. It was stress relieving to put my head on someone's shoulder and back in the thought of not being alone.

Sirius black.
I would have to spend more time with him.