Chapter XIV: Bitter-Sweet

Jades POV

"I am not going to a party." I say to Ryan. I cross my arms and glare at him. He laughs at me making me roll my eyes. I turn to rain to see what she thinks of this idea. "What do you think about this, Rain?" I ask her.

"I would do it if you do." She shrugs. I glare at her before turning to Santana.

"You?" I ask her and she laughs.

"Me and Ryan met at a party, Jade. I'm in." She also shrugs. I glare at her then turn to Ryan.

"I am not going!"

—————————

"How did we get here?" I ask to anyone and turn from the house that is raging music to my three... friends? Rain laughed at me before putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Come on," Rain says and we start walking towards the house. The people in the front yard are either smoking, doing drugs or making out. The house is practically jumping from how loud the music is. There's empty and non-empty bear bottles on the ground, red solo cups, and whiskey bottles.

When we make it to the opened front door that's when the smell hits me. The smell of liquor and sweat. I gag at the smell and Rain laughs at me.

"I am going to get some drinks, do you what any?" Rain asked me. I shake my head at her and point to a coach I saw.

"I'll be over there." I say to rain. I turn to her and she nods at me before walking towards the kitchen. I headed towards the coach and sit down. I rest my palm in my hand and sigh, this is so not my scene. I look around at al, the teens dances with each other. By dancing I mean girls backing up on guys and grinding. My school was supposed to be an actual normal one, not ones like the books.

After around five minutes of sitting alone I start getting worried. What if something happened to rain? I get up from the couch and head towards the kitchen. What if someone kidnapped her? Or raped her!? Ugh, why did I agree to this stupid party thing? Oh right, I didn't.

I walk into the kitchen to see people making out. I push past the people with their tongues down some strangers throat they just met five minutes ago. I see Rain and start to walk fast towards her.

That's when I stop in my spot and my eyes widen. She's kissing someone I've never seen before. Who is he!! Why is he kissing my best friend!? I glare at him but his eyes are closed. Rains back in to me.

I roll my eyes before walking out of the kitchen. What do I do now? I see Santana talking to a guy. Whatever, she's the only one I know here. I walk towards her and hear her giggling. I stop and listen. What? She's dating Ryan so I'm allowed to listen to see if she's cheating. That's all.

"Stop!" She said smiling while laughing. Who is this guy?

"Hey hey, it's not my fault she tried to kiss me." He replied laughing. She laughed and turned her head. She saw me looking at her. She smiled a little at me before turning to that guy.

"C'mon Darren, lets go upstairs." She said quietly to the guy but I could hear her. They walked up the stairs making me drop my mouth to the ground. Santana wouldn't do that to Ryan? I had to talk to him...

Rains POV

I walked into the kitchen looking for something to drink. I don't want anything to strong, I don't want to get drunk. I don't get drunk.

In the fridge I found some wine-coolers. I popped one open and brought it to my lips. The taste was bitter but sweet. Bitter-sweet. I close the fridge and walk towards the kitchen exit to go find Jade. Someone stopped me by calling my name.