Chapter XVI: Heartbreak

Jades POV.

Oh yeah... I'm fu-

The whole room went quiet. I looked down at my fingers and started fidgeting with my thumbs. There is no way! I should've paid more attention or something. His hair does look dyed, but that doesn't mean he's gay.

I looked up for a second to see everyone. Ryan had his eyes wide open staring into space, Darren has his lips pursed and looking around the room awkwardly, and finally Santana looks angry and staring at Ryan.

And that's when I knew.... I messed up.

"Oh my god, Ryan! Would you really think I'd do that!?"

"No- maybe- uh... I don't know!" Ryan awkwardly replied. Darren looked at me quickly causing me to look at him. Why is he looking at me?

"Ugh! I can't believe you, Ryan!" She yelled and marched passed him. She stomped to the door and twisting it and pulled it open before quickly changing her mind and turning to me. Oh no.

"You little bitch! I knew I couldn't trust you, and yet I was soo forgiving and let it slide!" She said and marched over to me with rage in her eyes. "I should've made Ryan stay away from you! You- you- jealous piece of shit!" And she threw her hand up, ready to punch or slap. I quickly closed my eyes and blocked my face.

I opened my eyes after a few seconds of nothing. Ryan has his hand tightly Secured around Santanas wrist. She's looking at him in shock.

"What the hell, Ryan! She tried to-"

"Stop, Santana. It was a simple mistake." He interrupted. He seemed really mad but he kept his voice calm. I quickly turned to Santana to see anger.

"She tried to break us up Ryan! She is just jealous of us! Jealous of me." She spat and glared at me. I looked away awkwardly.

"Santana stop! This isn't like you."

"Oh yeah Mr. Perfect? Then what is! I've been by your side always, Ryan! Always!" She started to cry. Wasn't she mad at him first? I'm a little confused....

"Santana! Calm. Down."

"No! I always loved you Ryan!" And with that she stormed out. I wonder if that will be the end of her... the end of them...?

I looked at Ryan to find his fists clenched. He quickly stormed out as while leaving me and Darren.

"So...." he started talking. I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. What could he possibly want to say? "That happened." He said.

I had no idea what to say. This was all so awkward. I cleared my throat finding my voice and replied.

"Yeah.... um. I'm so sorry by the way." I said. He shrugged like he didn't care. But I totally came after him.

"It's fine. I honestly don't mind. Santana's a little extra and fake sometimes." He said with a straight face. He was staring ahead into space. His eyes widen after a few seconds. "I mean..., um. I got to go." He said and jumped up out of the bed. He quickly walked past me and out the door.

I stood there stunned. What was I supposed to do now? Walk out? Stay in here?

After much thinking I went to go find Rain. She's always had my back.

Rains POV

"Just one Friday night."

I starred up at him. What was I supposed to say? I did not want to go through what happened again. That was a terrible time in my life. I was crying everyday and couldn't even go to school for like a week! I faked being sick. Of course Jade was there for me too.

For two days she told her mom she was walking to the bus stop but actually went to my house and hid in the backyard before my mom left.

Of course after two days the school called her mom. Jade had to beg her mom not to call my mom. She said that I couldn't go to school because of what happened she I needed a friend.

After a lot of convincing on Jades part, her mom said she wouldn't tell my mom for two weeks. But Jade was grounded for those two weeks.

"Rain.... please." He said. I looked up into his eyes. He really wanted this. I opened my mouth, I was going to say yes. But I quickly shut it. He really whats this... but do I?

"Dylan..." I said. He quickly let go of me like I was fire. He knew what my answer was going to be just by that one word. I starred at the ground while I starred at him. My eyes started to water but I fought it.

After standing there for a few minutes the tears slowly fell down. I sniffled causing him to look up at me. I mouthed "I'm sorry' but he just shook his head. He walked away from me and I just watched him walk away. And as I watched him walk away. I knew I made a mistake.

Once he was out of view I brook down. I fell to the floor sobbing.

I don't know how long I was there crying on the floor. But all of a sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see some person. I couldn't quit tell who it was because my eyes were being blocked by the tears. I quickly got hopeful. He came back, Dylan came back!!

"Dylan!" I quickly jumped up. But it wasn't him. It was Jade.

"Dylan...? He was here?" She said with concern. I barely nodded my head and tried to stop crying. "Oh Rain." Jade said and hugged me. I started crying again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys so much for all the support! But I would like to say....

This book is ending pretty soon. I might go to 20 but I don't know. This was the first romance teen fiction book I ever wrote and I would much rather have the other ones out. But at least I'm going to 20! I may or may not have an epilogue as while.

May need to stay toned for that?

~Katelyn💋