09

Reaching into her bag, Willow pulled out her bottle of water and eyed up the train which sped past the platform she was sitting on. First impressions, Gotham was dark, dingy and not all too pleasant. It was the first time she'd been into the city, luckily when she was growing up her house and school were just on the outskirts.

Like Willow wanted, as soon as she left school she went to college studied in history and managed to get a job as a museum curator. It was a comfy life, simple but not boring. So if her life was so comfortable, why was she suddenly appearing in Gotham City? Simple; she left her job. It wasn't the case that she left on her own accord. She'd had a few problems with her boss on the account of him being an absolute pervert. Wandering hands and comments became too much, instead of pressing charges against him for harassment like she should of, she up and left without saying anything.

Yes, Willow had technically ran away. She felt so cowardly for doing so but police scared her. It wasn't that they scared her, she just didn't have a good past with them on account of them interviewing her about her real parents. Giving a shudder, she stood up and brushed her jeans down before picking up her bags. Most of her worldly belongings were in these two bags. She had some money to rent somewhere out for the time being. Then in the morning she'd go job hunting. Willow gave a heavy sigh, why did that all seem so simple?

Clearly her mind had got it all planned out whereas reality had other ideas. Eyeing up the group of men who were loitering around the exit of the station, Willow stopped walking and pretended to look up at the train times. Smiling and nodding she picked up her bags again and walked to the exit. Sure, the calls of the men and their footsteps could soon heard but Willow ignored them.

Seeing a taxi close by, Willow looked over her shoulder, the men were gaining on her. Smiling she winked at them before running across the street, avoiding the traffic as she went. The horns of cars called out into the cool night but Willow kept running. Her agility if anything had improved since her days in P.E. classes at school. Reaching the cab she yanked open the door, ignoring the poor confused man already sitting within the vehicle she smiled and tapped on the glass screen sectioning the driver off. "Drive." She said a little out of breath.

The man didn't need to be told twice before stepping his foot down just as the first of the pursuing men appeared at the window banging against it. "Oi! Watch it, buddy!" The driver exclaimed angrily and purposely swerved the car to the side narrowly missing in hitting him.

Willow grinned and waved bye then sat back down and relaxed against the chair. Heaving another sigh she looked up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry for crashing into your cab. I'll go halves on the fare." Willow said honestly while flicking her eyes to the side to the man beside her.

The man nodded slowly while readjusting his glasses and turning to look at her. Willow frowned and shifted in her seat. "You're still dramatic and causing problems."

"...Hello." Willow said stiffly, admittedly since the awful night of the school prom all those many years ago she hadn't had any contact with Jonathan. No one questioned why all of a sudden his house was empty of life, minus the deceased body of his grandmother. Her death was considered an accident, Willow couldn't understand how that figured out. For all purposes it literally looked like Jonathan had disappeared off of the face of the Earth. Willow frowned, her feelings towards the boy she knew, and now the man in front of her were so guarded.

She was mentally kicking herself; from the prom, Willow shortly figured out that Grandmother Crane was keeping Jonathan back, and in her own demented way was keeping him under control. With her gone, Jonathan was free to do whatever he wished. It just so happened whatever he wished, ended up being firing a gun in a car park and causing hysteria. Bo got paralysed from the car crash and Sherry had been killed from the collision. Did Jonathan know this, most likely not.