43

"Hello, Stephen. It's been too long since we last talked. How are you? Are you well?"

"Jonathan," the doctor said smoothly. "It's my session remember?"

"Oh...yes, I forgot. Sorry." Jonathan said in a highly unapologetic tone. It was a nuisance if anything. That once he returned to Arkham, he got stuck with Stephen Kellerman as his doctor again.

"Now I would like to talk to you about what you did over Christmas."

"Again? Oh, I can imagine you do." Smiling and readjusting his glasses, Jonathan nodded. "So, I had the clever idea of broadening my horizons. See, Joker was still in here at the time. I heard word that he is no longer?" Jonathan questioned, Stephen narrowed his eyes which caused him to smile lightly. "Of course he's not. So yes, where was I? Oh! Broadening my horizons. I know what he's like for trashing Christmas, I mean how many times has he done it now? Three? Four? Whatever the amount it doesn't matter, I ignored poor Julian too because he was already locked away." Jonathan leaned his head against his hand. "Does that answer your question which you've kept asking me since coming back here? Honestly Stephen, get some better questions. Hopefully ones which don't involve me having to talk about my past again, or my family, or lack there of again."

"You gave me a rather honest answer there, Jonathan. So, perhaps I should return the favour."

"Oh? What could you possibly tell me, which will interest me?"

"Willow's here."

Jonathan faltered and had to double take. "What?"

"Willow has been admitted here."

"Why?"

"She got transferred."

"Well yes, I gathered that much, but why?"

Stephen smiled. "Jonathan, she was with you for a good number of months. You don't think she may have some underlining psychological problems which need dealing with?"

"And you think you're going to be the doctor to deal with them?" Jonathan almost laughed. Almost, but didn't. "Good luck, Stephen! You're going to need it." Clapping his hands together with some difficulty from the handcuffs, Jonathan smiled.

"She's been rather cooperative actually."

"She is rather obedient. Rather like a little puppy. Puppies are so loyal. They're not though if you treat them badly are they?"

Stephen narrowed his eyes trying to grasp the meaning of his words. "Why Jonathan, I believe you're worrying about Willow's loyalty to you."

"Me? Worrying, no."

"Can I ask you something, Jonathan?"

"If you have to."

"Does it bother you, knowing that I'm talking to her, and knowing that she could confess everything to me. When I say everything," Stephen leaned forward slightly against the table at this point to properly stare Jonathan in the eyes. "I mean everything. Every little niggling problem, be that from her childhood, to how it could have effected her growing up. To her life with you. She could tell me all of this, yet not breathe a word of it to you."

Jonathan narrowed his eyes, "Not possible."

"Oh?"

Sighing heavily Jonathan shook his head. "Willow isn't one for confessing all. And I have to say, as much as I love talking about her, no that wasn't sarcasm, isn't this session meant to be about me?" Jonathan raised an eyebrow. "Not to sound self conceited or anything. Oh! No, I see what you are doing now. Silly me, sorry I do apologise, I was having a slow moment." Jonathan smiled and even went as fair as childishly hitting himself on the forehead. "You're getting to me, through her, and vice versa. That is so very sneaky of you, Stephen. So vindictive too." Leaning back he nodded slowly and thoughtfully. "One thing I never took you for, and that was a vindictive man, Stephen."