44

"Yikes darlin'," Harley put her hands on Willow's shoulders, "They put you in a straight jacket?"

"I kept hitting people. It is actually quite fun." Willow answered. "I'm tired Harley," she leaned her head on the blonde's shoulder and shut her eyes. "This place is draining all my energy. And it's making me act in a way which I wouldn't normally act! I'm not a violent person Harley, not unless I need to be." Willow looked into Harley's eyes, Harley nodded slowly and smiled.

"I believe you!"

"Thank you."

"We need to stick together, Willow." Harley put an arm around her shoulders, the two of them looked up at the television which was playing some awful film. "Hey, Willow?"

"Hm?" Willow opened her eyes and looked up at her. She was so tired. The more time she spent tied up in her straight jacket, and the more time she spent rebelling against Penelope, who had been made her permanent doctor, the more exhausted she got. Willow, quite rightly, had had enough.

"Can you keep secrets?"

"Of course I can!" Willow said while fidgeting on the sofa to look at her.

Harley's smile grew and she clapped her hands together. "Puddin' is comin' home!"

"Eh?"

"Here!"

"He classes here as home?"

"That's not the point young lady," Harley wagged a finger at her. "He's arriving tomorrow!"

"...On April's Fools Day?"

"Yes!"

"How do you know this?"

"I just do."

Willow's mouth moved into a thin line. It didn't exactly fill her with much confidence. "I won't tell anyone."

"Remember what I said? Everythin' will be fine and better when puddin' arrives!" Willow didn't answer but nodded slowly, she could only take her word for it. It wasn't like life in Arkham was going to get any better, or worse.

----

"How are you today, Stephen? You don't look well. Do you feel all right?"

"Jonathan, how many times must we go through this?"

"Quite right. Your session, not mine." Jonathan entwined his hands together and looked at the doctor, who was looking more tired as the days went by. "Are you sure you're all right?"

"Yes it's just...nothing, work I think...working too hard, apparently."

"Oh, you should take a break. Working so hard never ends well. I learned that the hard way, and through a few lectures."

"Yes, a break would be...wait! Jonathan you..."

"Yes? Me? What about me? Yes this session was about me, but I'm getting bored with talking about myself. I'm not a self conceited man you see, I don't get much pleasure out of talking about myself. Talking about other people and their problems, yes, that's interesting to a degree." Jonathan pushed the glasses up his nose and smiled lightly. "Why are you so tired, Stephen? Working too much can lead to many things. Stress being one thing, exhaustion...need I go on?"

"Hey, doc you all right?"

"He's great," Jonathan smiled and looked over his shoulder at the guard. "Just, tired. Isn't that right, Stephen?"

"Yes."

"See." Jonathan smiled again and turned his attention back to the doctor in front of him. "All is well. Stephen is tired, but well. I'm fine and dandy. We're all good." Jonathan leaned back in his chair. He jolted suddenly when the door slammed open and he was being dragged away from the doctor. "Why ruin what was most likely going to happen sooner or later?" Jonathan mused and collided with the floor when the guards pushed him back into his cell. Pushing himself up he squinted and reached towards his glasses. Brushing the dust off of the lenses he slid them on and looked over at the door, which was firmly shut again.