34

Jonathan had been right, every now and again he peeked into the bedroom to see Willow still peacefully sleeping. The time now was just gone eleven in the morning, he'd been up since seven. Willow may have stated a while back that she was an early riser. But he stuck to it, she was only an early riser when it benefited her.

When he pondered over it, the more sleep she did get, the more awake she'd be for this evening. Hearing her murmur something in her sleep and curl up, Jonathan leaned back and shut the door but left it open a tiny bit. Walking up the aisle, Jonathan walked into the confessional work room and took to trying to salvage what damage the police had done.

So far, he'd accounted for the things which remained and things which were taken away. He also made a list of the things that they needed to get from the university. Even the attic space which Willow never explored for her own personal demons sake, had been breeched by the police. The hidden secret equipment had been taken too. When Jonathan said they'd need to start from scratch, he really wasn't exaggerating. Hearing quiet footsteps, he ducked out of the small room and looked in Willow's direction. She was yawning quietly and walked towards him rubbing sleep from her eyes. Her usually neat curly hair was all ruffled from her rest.

Jonathan put down a piece of unfinished bomb and stepped forward just as she stopped in front of him. "Good morning, Willow. How are you feeling?"

"I'm tired...still."

"Go back to sleep then, no point you being up and about in a half vegetated state."

"I'm not in a half vegetated state." Willow pouted and crossed her arms. "Vegetated...vegetables, gross." Willow whispered to herself and shook her head. "What are you doing?"

"Just walking around."

"Bored?"

"No, I never said that."

"Jonathan, you look bored." Willow smiled and crossed her arms, he didn't answer her but walked past her and up the stairs. Willow turned and skipped after him, following him into the room which was previously used to house his equipment, Willow looked around. "They really did take everything didn't they?"

"Yes."

"What do you think they'll do with it all?"

"Take it apart," Jonathan turned and looked at her. "Analyse it, try and make sense of it."

"All the normal things people would do with something they don't understand."

Jonathan smiled lightly and nodded. "Yes, exactly that." Willow gave a quick nod and ran a hand through her hair.

"I'm going to go back to sleep. I just wanted to know what you were up to."

"You nosy, lazy person you."

"Jonathan, you already told me to go back to sleep!"

"Not in so many words." Jonathan shook his head, "Your twisting my words." He added as an after thought and looked up at her.

Willow jumped forward and held onto him lightly, "Sorry for using your earlier words out of context."

"At least you register your mistake there."

"Mistake, pfft," Willow looked up at him and then leaned her head back against his chest. "This is going to sound odd, and I don't want you to take offence." Willow absentmindedly ran a hand gently up and down his back. "But you give good hugs for someone so skinny."

Jonathan frowned and looked down at her. Willow let out a quiet laugh and stepped back, rubbing her eyes again she gave him one last smile before pottering off.