26

Living in a church was odd. Willow crossed her arms over her baggy black jumper and stood outside. The grey clouds hung low in the air, Willow sighed. It was December, Christmas was nearing. She'd long since moved out of her flat. As a parting gift she attached a little trigger activated bomb to the door. When someone pushed it open, the clip would fall and the bomb would go off. This just wasn't any normal bomb. Willow had idly stood in a nearby alleyway hearing the screams of the perverted landlord, she smiled happily to herself before she turned away and shouldered her bag and disappeared.

She had long since discovered that Jonathan's notebooks from when he was at school were really easy to follow. The ones from when he obviously got older and more clever with chemistry were beyond her. It was like another language all different symbols and words which she swore were not English. Passing the oil drum which had burning wood in it, she sat down at a desk which was tucked away in the confessional. Picking up a letter, the only letter she'd received from Jonathan, she reread over it.

It was a rather boring letter. Nothing interesting at all. Willow twirled in the chair holding the letter up and reading it. In all honesty she just liked looking at the letter because it was the only thing around here which reminded her of Jonathan. She missed him greatly, the only other thing which reminded her of him was the several canisters of fear toxin which were in the room upstairs.

Frowning and coming to a stop, Willow held the letter up to the fire. "You sneaky little thing." Walking quickly over to the fire, she continued to hold the letter up. There, lightly concealed within the paper was a message, a message which oddly looked like part of a map. "Oh, you clever man." Willow smiled and ran over to the desk and picked up a book, flicking to a clean page she copied what the lightly concealed message said. The message looked like it had been written with wax. Where the waxy material had dried it'd got absorbed by the paper. Regardless if the guards needed to read the content to see if it was suitable to send, they wouldn't see this unless they held it up to a bright light.

Knowing already what the lax security were like, Willow highly doubted they'd do that. All they'd see when they set their eyes on the paper was a letter telling her not to come visit him, ever. That the asylum was one of the many places she wouldn't want to visit. To most people it would appear to be what some may class as a 'breaking up letter', the blatant avoiding of wanting to see someone in particular. Willow knew Jonathan wasn't like that, he was – after all like herself – alone in this city. Looking down at the scribbled message she had copied, Willow frowned. "Jonathan, am I meant to understand this?" Willow mumbled, the part of the map made no sense. The scribbled writing, made no sense.

All in all, this message made no sense. There was a date, that was the only part which she seemed to understand. "That's next week," Willow pointed out while shuffling back to her desk. Scratching her head and reaching to the side she picked up a file. This file held maps of buildings in the city, why Jonathan owned this was beyond her. She figured she best not question why because the answer may be one she didn't want to hear. Flicking the pages quickly she stopped. "Ew," recognising part of the drawing as part of the sewer network she shuddered. That was just nasty, the mental image of him travelling through it to get back to the city flashed through her mind. "Mega ew!" She complained and slammed the book shut. Walking down the aisle and stopping at the door she turned the key and locked the door. Turning down the corridor she walked into a room she'd customised to be a bedroom.

----

Walking out of his cell Jonathan looked to the side. "Hello Harry, how are you?"

"Shut it, Crane."

"Charming, I try and make conversation and this is how you treat me?"

"You're an inmate, how else do you expect to be treated?"