49

From Willow's spontaneous escape from Kellerman's room, Jonathan was now more determined to keep an eye on Willow. Each time they walked into a building, he made sure she was behind him, or by his side.

"Ow!" Willow exclaimed and stood cradling her hand. Pouting and narrowing her eyes at him she took a step back when he took a step forward. "No, back off! And keep them away from me!" Willow exclaimed while wagging a finger at his glove.

Jonathan looked at his hand and then at her. "Sorry." Holding out a hand he patiently waited for Willow to put her injured hand in his. Luckily for her the syringes right now were empty so none of the hallucinogen had been injected into her system. Regardless of that fact, in haste of grabbing a hold of her hand to make sure she was still there, one of the syringes had sunk into her skin. Jonathan put pressure on the small pin prick to stop the little bead of blood from appearing again. "I'm sorry, Willow."

Willow let out a sigh. "It's all right." She muttered and looked down at the paper littered floor.

Jonathan looked at her quickly before stopping the pressure on her hand. "There you go." Jonathan lightly kissed the small wound on her hand,

"Thanks." Mumbling and shuffling off blushing, Willow took to peering into the rooms they passed. "Jonathan, what are we doing now?"

"We're just walking around."

"We're not really doing anything?"

"No. Not until Batman appears again." He seemed a little annoyed that they'd parted ways so quickly.

"Well you know, he's a busy man." Willow said while running into the small kitchen area and taking to see if the kettle still worked.

"What are you doing?"

"I want some coffee."

"No, you don't."

"I do, dear, I really do." Willow smiled sweetly at him, rolling his eyes Jonathan walked past the room. "Shock horror! You're leaving me on my own!" Willow exclaimed, Jonathan peered around the door frame and narrowed his eyes at her. The glaring didn't last long before he had to annoyingly readjust his glasses, Willow smiled and pointed a finger at him while walking over and sitting on the table. "You should get contacts."

"Why?"

"...Well...you know, most people convert to contacts. Don't they?"

"I don't know, Willow. You're seemingly now the leading source in all things eye related." Jonathan rolled his hand at her and moved away from the doorframe and walked into the small space. Twiddling her thumbs she looked at him quickly. Jonathan just looked at her blankly. "You seem embarrassed, Willow. Is there something you wish to say?"

"You're an idiot."

"Well I could use some choice words for you, but I won't, because I'm too nice."

"And gentlemanly." Willow giggled and waved her hand at him. "Contacts are good because then you don't have to hide behind glasses."

"What if I like my glasses?" Jonathan questioned and received a blunt look from Willow. "Continue." He merely said while sitting next to her. Not before picking up some of the paper which was on the table and flicking through them.

Willow tilted her head to the side and looked at him from the corner of her eyes. "You have nice eyes, Jonathan."

"I believe you told me that once before."

"I like your eyes."

"You can't have them."

"I don't want them. I much prefer you to have them in your head than for me to have them bobbing about in a pickle jar."