23

The building in front of him went from calm to mass chaos in a matter of moments. The perpetrator from the previous unknown attacks was in that building, that was something Batman was sure of. It just so happened said perpetrator was one Doctor turned psychopath.

Before he could act gas erupted from the windows and from the doors. Any gap the gas seeped out from, the screaming of the tenants was so loud it was almost deafening. Eyes widened as a pair almost fell out of a window. Gliding through the air and putting the people on solid ground he stepped back into the shadows.

When this gas got into the system of innocent people it made them do unreasonable things. Previously being attacked by a couple, it was something he did not wish to repeat.

Hearing a few explosions from the front of the building, Batman walked quickly forward, cape billowing behind him in the breeze. The police stood minds reeling, all screaming and franticly trying to get away from each other. Some even fired their firearms at an unknown enemy.

This whole moment was the definition of chaos. Seeing two people slink out of the front door he frowned, aiming his grapple gun upwards he easily gained access to the rooftops and watched them. They were avoiding the main streets and sticking to the alleyways. Not that he minded, as far away from civilians the better in his case. Coming to a clearing which lead off to three other alleyways the pair stood and looked around.

"Company." The woman stated with red goggles staring up at him.

"Little Bat! We meet again, not too soon either."

Landing down on the alleyway floor with a thud, he straightened up and looked at the two. "I know who you are, Doctor Crane. I also know you're not well."

"I'm not taking your advice, I mean whoever heard of taking advice from a giant bat? If anything I should know if I was well or not, after all I am a doctor."

"Come quietly and we can get you some help."

"Help? Like I would accept help from them lot, no, no," the sack faced man shook his head and looked down at the ground. "I'll pass."

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

"Perverse much?" The woman questioned idly.

"Hm," nodding slowly Batman watched as the tall male lifted up his arm to drop something on the floor. This action got stopped by a swift batarang which impacted against his wrist. None the less he still dropped the object he was holding and gas swamped the area.

The woman frowned and took a step forward pointing a gun in his direction, again. "Put the gun down." He said seriously, it was way too much deja vu for his liking.

She shook her head, "You're mean to use much better weapons."

"Your weapon of choice ends lives in split seconds. His weapon of choice tortures and torments." He took a step forward, the former doctor pulled his friend back and started to run off again dragging her with him.

It wasn't much of a chase, or a fight in fact. The former doctor managed to get apprehended after managing to use his favoured hallucinogenic toxins on him several times. While avoiding the gas he also had to avoid the woman who seemed to use the surroundings of the alleyway as a weapon. Eventually though, the two got tied up, literally, their arms were tied to their sides and there was no way they could escape.

Crouching down and removing the sack mask he shook his head, "You're going to get help, Doctor Crane."

"Right I'm not sure if you've noticed but the doctors there aren't exactly good."